The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an
independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing,
tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity,
water, petroleum and natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following
vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzania citizens are invited to
Job Title: Director of Corporate Affairs – 1 post
Duty Station: EWURA Head Office – Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Director General
Director of Corporate Affairs is responsible for the management of human
resources, financial resources and provision of administrative and
information technology services to the Authority in order to increase
effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of regulatory service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To ensure timely and effective provision of financial, administrative,
human resources and information and communication technology services
to the Authority.
• Assisting the Director General in formulating financial plans and
budget, and ensuring that operations proceed according to agreed plans
• To monitor financial expenditure as per approved budget, procedures and policies.
• To ensure that all administrative activities are carried out in the best interests of the authority;
• To oversee competitive management of human resources.
• To ensure that the authority has an operating information and communication technology system at any given time.
• To oversee establishment and application of systems and procedures for
finance, administration, human resources and information and
communication activities are carried out on time and according to
• To oversee prudent management of the Authority`s resources, including keeping records on their utilization.
• To effectively administer all resources allocated to the Division,
including offering technical and operational support to staff members in
• To coordinate and administer operations of the zonal offices.
• To undertake any other duties as assigned by the Director General.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
• University Degree/Advanced diploma majoring in accounting or finance from a recognized higher learning institution.
• Masters Degree majoring in accounting or finance.
• Certified public Accountant, CPA (T) or ACCA and must be registered
with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) in the
category of either Associate Certified Public Accountants (ACPAs) or
Associate certified public accountant in public practice (ACPA-PPs) or
Fellow Certified Public Accountants (FCPAs).
• Knowledge and competence in information and communications technology
(ICT) application, and familiarity with one of the accounting software.
• Possession of knowledge of Human Resources Management policies and princeples.
• A strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
(IFRS) and public Sector accounting and Reporting principles.
• Not less than eight (8) years work experience in relevant fields out
of which three (3) years should be in senior management position.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the
above positions are required to have the following attributes:
• A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
• Ability to dragt non-technical reports.
• Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results.
• Ability to work in a dynamic team.
• Ability to self manage, achieve results and meet deadlines.
• Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
• A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
• EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
• Staff will be employed on 5 years renewable contracts.
Signed application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail
address and day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies
of certificates and transcripts, one passport size photo and names and
contacts of three referees (the referees contact should also include
telephone number and e-mail address) should be addressed to reach the
under-mentioned by 15th December, 2015.
Only short listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited
for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be
entertained and may work to the candidates disadvantage.
How to Apply
The Director General
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
Samora Avenue, 6th Floor, Harbour View Towers
(Former JM Mall Building)
DAR ES SALAAM