Reporting to the Legal Manager, Retail the role holder will manage issuance and processing of offer letters upon receipt of duly approved credit papers observing agreed timelines and high standards of accuracy and within applicable law, bank policies and regulations.
· Issuance and processing of Banking Facility Letters upon receipt of duly approved Credit approval, observing turn-around time and high standards of accuracy.
· Forward Letters of Offer to Branches and follow up acceptance of Retail Letters of Offer in liaison with branches/business units.
· Advising business and credit on legal personalities, facilities and securities structuring to ensure relevant and adequate documentation during the facility pre - approval stage.
· Advising the branches/credit on new legal regulations that affect pre –approval requirements and amending the Letter of offer to comply with the regulations and ensuring the bank’s interest is protected.
· Ensure MIS maintenance with respect to offer letters, TAT and exceptions for the purpose of reporting to business and decision making by stakeholders
· Manage retail clerks in preparation of offer Letter, MIS management, filing, receipt, recording and dispatch of retail securities and correspondences and managing the support desk.
· Issue instructions to and follow up Banks external lawyers in the preparation of security documents on behalf of the Bank while protecting the Bank’s interest.
· Liaising with external legal counsel and other service providers on security documentation process and ensuring that security documentation and other conditions of sanction have been perfected/ completed prior to authorizing the drawdown of facilities (unless there is a waiver in place).
· Issue Compliance Certificate jointly with the Legal Manager /Head of SDC within agreed TAT on receipt of the last outstanding security document
· Verify perfected security documents are in line with the regulatory framework prior to handing over the securities for safe custody.
Qualifications and Requirements
For the above position, the successful applicants should have:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Law
· Postgraduate Diploma in Law
· 3 Years’ post admission experience in Legal Documentation.
· Experience in Credit and Security Documentation.
· Good interpersonal and people management skills
· Excellent planning, problem solving and analytical skills
The above positions are demanding roles which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with a Certificate of Good Conduct that is not more than 6months old.
To be considered your application must be received by Oct. 9, 2015.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: CS 06/2015