Ref. No P.1/1470/2015
The Tanzania Library Services Board was established under the Act. Of Parliament No.36 of 1964 which was repealed by Act No. 6 0f 1975 which vests responsibility of establishing and maintaining Public libraries and providing Professional and Para - Professional training in the Country.
Application must be sent to:-
The Director General,
Tanzania Library Services Board,
P.O. Box 9283,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Deadline for application is 21th October, 2015
The Board now invites applications from qualified Tanzanians to fill vacant positions as mentioned below:-
1.0. TUTOR II - (1 POST) DUTY STATION SLADS – BAGAMOYO
1.1. Entry Qualifications
Holders of Bachelors Degree in Librarianship and Information Science or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University/institution
1.3. Duties and responsibilities:
· To assist in design course programmes within one’s competence and present
them to the school governing council for approval;
· To assist in scanning the content and references of each course that one teaches;
· To assist reviewing periodically lecture/Instruction notes and other illustration materials;
· To provide tutorials/seminars so a means of filling in information gaps arising from lecturing;
· To avail times for consultation and provide appropriate guidance to all students requiring individualized assistance;
· To give assignments to students and ensure prompt marking and feedback for each assignment;
· To set examination;
· To write technical papers for presentation in various scholarly for a students seminar both locally and abroad; and
· To write and publish teaching manuals, teaching notes and books within one’s area of specialization.
1.4. AGE Limit: Not above 35 years.
2.0. LIBRARIAN II – (1 POST) DUTY STATION – DAR ES SALAAM
2.1. Entry Qualifications
Holders of Bachelors Degree in Librarianship and Information Science or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University/Institution
2.2. Duties and Responsibilities:
· To assist in Cataloguing and classifying books;
· To assist users in literature searching and reference services;
· To assist the process of Book selection and ordering;
· To compile library statistics and reports ; and
· To shelve, file and issue books;
2.3. AGE Limit: Not above 35 years.
3.0. LIBRARY ASSISTANT GRADE II – 20 POSTS DUTY STATION REGIONAL LIBRARIES.
3.1. Entry Qualifications
· Holder of Ordinary Secondary Education Certificate
· Holder of Certificate of Library Studies or its equivalent.
· Computer literacy is an added advantage
3.2. Duties and responsibilities
· To display new books and other reading materials;
· To shelve file and issue books;
· To register readers;
· To upkeep backsets of newspapers and journals;
· To repair library publications;
· To assist library users in locating reading materials and retrieving
· To prepare cuttings from newspapers of relevance to the Board;
· To handle simple enquiries from readers; and
· To undertake bibliographical searching.
3.3. AGE Limit: Not above 35 years.
4.0. HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I - RE-ADVERTISED (1 POST) DUTY STATION DAR ES SALAAM
4.1. Entry Qualifications:
Bachelors Degree in Public Administration/Business Administration majoring in Management, Administration and Human Resources Management/Industrial relations or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University/institution with three years work experience in related field.
4.2. In-service :
By promotion from Human Resources & Administration Officer II who has shown good performance and has served in that position for three years.
4.3. Duties and responsibilities:
· To collect, analyses and tabulate manpower statistics and records;
· To handle issues on industrial relations;
· To deal with manpower allocation and development;
· To interpret labour laws, rules and regulations;
· To allocate and furnish offices;
· To assist in preparation of human resource plans; and
· To supervise general cleanliness of office premises.
4.4. AGE Limit: Not above 35 years.
5.0. INTERNAL AUDITOR II - (2 POSTS)
DUTY STATION DAR ES SALAAM AND SLADS - BAGAMOYO
5.1 Entry Qualifications
· Holder of Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in Accounting with CPA or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution
5.2. Duties and responsibilities:
· To carry out verification of fixed assets;
· To check out accounting, procurements and stores record;
· To check advanced ledger of debtors, final accounts, and cash whether
properly prepared and maintain accounts summaries of each day;
· To carry out clerical Internal Audit duties, (vouching);and
· To prepare and maintain Internal Audit working paper.
5.3. AGE Limit: Not above 35 years.
6.0. INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER II – (1 POST) DUTY STATION NCL - DSM
6.1. Entry Qualifications
· Holder of Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or computer data processing or related computer studies or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
6.2. Duties and responsibilities
· To assist in coding small system jobs for users;
· To assist staff in designing programmes;
· To assist programmers in programming more systems to handle more elaborate jobs;
6.3. AGE Limit: Not above 35 years.
7.0. ACCOUNTANTS II (2 POSTS) DUTY STATION NCL – DSM
7.1. Entry Qualifications
Holder of Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in Accounting with CPA or its
equivalent from a recognized University/Institution
7.2. Duties and Responsibilities
· To file all accounting documents properly;
· To properly record and file all invoices after payments;
· To follow-up outstanding payments;
· To maintain employees’ ledger for staff advances, loans or imprests;
· To maintain accurate registers for debtors;
· To maintain cheques register;
· To prepare bank reconciliation statements
4.3. AGE Limit: Not above 35 years.
8.0. PERSONAL SECRETARY GRADE II (2 POSTS)
DUTY STATION– BUKOBA AND MOROGORO REGIONAL LIBRARIES
8.1. Qualifications and experience:
· Must be holder of National form IV Certificate with at least 2 credit.
· Must be holder of a Certificate in Secretarial Studies from any recognized Secretarial Institution with typing speed of 50 WPM and shorthand 100 PM.
· Should have ability to communicate both in English and Swahili.
· Must be computer literate.
8.2. Duties and Responsibilities:
· To type all forms of correspondence, memoranda minutes and reports.
· To handle visitors, ascertain the nature of their business and relay information to
· the executive concerned.
· To handle diary of appointments, meetings, occasions, official travelling and other scheduled activities.
· To prepare and facilitate departmental and other meetings and process record of the proceedings.
· To keep files, sensitive documents and other material secured.
8.3. Personal Attributes:
· Ability to work independently and committed to deliver high quality results.
· Demonstrate excellent personal integrity and confidentiality.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills in both English and Swahili
8.4. Age limit – not above 35
9.0. MODE OF APPLICATIONS
Candidates meeting the required qualifications should send their written applications with two (2)_ passport size photographs attached on the front page of the application letter along with the following attachments:
(i) A detailed typed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names of two referees, their addresses, Telephone numbers and E-mail address if any.
(ii) Photocopies of relevant academic certificates.
(iii) Photocopies of Birth Certificate.