Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position will be responsible for managing quality of service delivery & compliance through adherence to policies and procedures.
- To offer customer satisfaction through operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- To ensure adequate resourcing of all positions in the back office operations of the branch.
- Ensure proper cash management within the branch and maintain sufficient cash reserves for daily transactions.
- Ensure Business continuity and optimal work tools and equipment.
- Ensure adherence to policies, processes, procedures as per documented operating standards (SOP’s) including compliance with AML/KYC guidelines.
- Ensure branch risk registers & Key Risk Indicators are up to date; and event/loss incidents reports are maintained.
- Ensure effective resolution of Audit issues.
- Ensure adequate security of Bank’s assets, premises and staff.
- Ensure morning drill is carried out as required and the security details are in place.
- Ensure reports are printed and checked as required and Suspense accounts proactively monitored.
- Authorisation of transactions as per the set limits.
- Ensure tools and equipment at the branch are maintained in working condition.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree preferably in a business related field.
- Minimum of 4 years banking experience in Branch operations; 2 of which should have been at supervisory level.
- Proven track record in Cash Management
- Strong leadership competencies.
- Excellent planning, organizing, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish new client relationships and generate new business.
- A good understanding of strong risk management practices.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application letter including, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copy of certificates, daytime telephone contact and email address to:
KCB Bank Burundi Ltd,
P.O Box 6119
Bujumbura - Burundi.
- Remember to quote the job reference number on your physical application or subject of your email.
- Note that the position will be on local terms.
To be considered your application must be received by Oct. 6, 2015.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
JOB REF: RE/10/2015