EQUIP-Tanzania is an ambitious four-year DFID-funded programme delivered by the Government of Tanzania andsupported by the EQUIP-Tanzania Managing Agent (Cambridge Education, IRC and KPMG) to improve learning outcomes for children, particularly for girls, across the country. EQUIP-Tanzania’s various interventions are designed to improve learning outcomes for students by helping drive improvements in: training and performance of teachers; school leadership; planning and management of education at the regional, district and ward levels; community participation in education; and information and accountability.
EQUIP-Tanzania seeks to recruit qualified, energetic and committed candidates to fill the following position:
Position: Regional Team Leader
Reporting to: Deputy National Coordinator
To lead the effective delivery of program interventions at regional level through coordinating and managing multiple team inputs within the region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for quarterly report plans, provide management oversight, brief and debrief consultants, review and agree on objectives.
- Work closely with the Deputy National Coordinator, Key Advisers, other team members and external bodies to identify areas for technical assistance.
3. Provide support to Key stakeholders to improve learning performance within the region
4. Play a major role in participatory workshops with working groups, regional/district officers, and implementing partners
5. Provide support for the administration and oversight of related supplies, sub-consultancies and logistics related to implementation
6. Contribute to the coordination, support and training of implementing partners
7. Contribute to the writing of various reports, articles and other forms of communication
8. Contribute to the technical information flow within the programme, regions and headquarter.
9. Ensure a gender-positive and quality-oriented perspective is mainstreamed and gender sensitive language is used in all programme activities
10. Support the quality of technical assistance provided at the Regional level
Knowledge, essential competencies, skills and qualifications:
- Degree in educational planning, teacher education or another relevant field.
- Experience of project management and leading teams, have worked with government bodies at a regional or national level and have working knowledge of financial administration and cash management.
· Experience in educational planning, management or other relevant field
· Knowledge and experience of working in the Tanzanian education system at a senior level
· Proven track record of leading teams
· Proven ability to work across geographic and cultural boundaries
· Excellent communication skills and fluency in English and Kiswahili
Applications will be considered valid if sent/received before 1700hrs Friday, October 16th, 2015. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.