Administrative SecretaryTANZANIA MEDIA WOMEN ASSOCIATION (TAMWA)
Tanzania Media Women Association (TAMWA) is a non-partisan, non-profit sharing professional media membership Association legally registered. Its vision is to see peaceful Tanzanian society which respects human rights from a gender perspective. The Association is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position;
Job Title: Administrative Secretary
Duration: 12 months, renewable
Anticipated Start Date: Early January 2016
Application Deadline: 11th December 2015
The Administrative Secretary will be responsible for providing administrative and logistics support to the Tanzania Media Women’s Association, ensuring programmatic arrangements are efficiently executed, front office desk and office properties are properly managed and support is provided for day-to-day activities of the projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) General office activities
• Responding to telephone and general email enquiries
• Keeping diaries and arranging appointments
• Creating and maintaining files systems
• Maintaining and updating the office data base
• Updating the office list (e.g. contact list, etc.) and provide both clerical and administrative assistance to professionals.
• Receiving visitors at the office and orient them to the appropriate person.
• Letter writing and typing drafts and various documents (such as memos, notes, and minutes of meeting etc.)
• Organizing indoor and external events, orders and maintains stationeries/ office supplies
2) Project administration and logistical support
• Support staff in assigned project-based work as directed by the Executive Director
Make travel arrangements for staff, consultants, and trainers.
• Maintain the projects’ calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings.
• Write monthly staff meeting minutes and document the same for future reference.
• Make close follow up to ensure all staff fills updated timesheets for their relevant projects, submit the same to you and maintain proper records of each individual staff timesheets.
• Supervise junior staff under your section
3) Partner Liaison
• Act as a primary point of contact for journalists and other beneficiaries.
• Liaise with relevant local partner organizations and act as their focal point for an updated communication database.
Perform any other duties as may be directed by the management.
4) Qualifications and Skills
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Secretarial studies or another relevant field of study.
• Good computer skills.
• Ability to perform multi-task
• Team working and ability to work under minimum supervision. Good organizational and communication skills
• High level of integrity and ethics
• Good sense of responsibility
• Efficient negotiation skills
Training in financial or business management essentially marketing is an added advantage
• Willingness to travel outside Dar es Salaam or participate in field activities when need arise.
• At least 3 years work experience in a similar role, preferably in the not-for-profit sector
Interested and qualified candidates can send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Copy to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the following in your application:
• Cover letter to indicate your motivation to the work and your expected salary
Detailed curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees. CV should contain your recent photo (colored passport size)
• Scanned copies of academic certificates, transcripts and other testimonials
Scanned copy of birth certificate
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.