Amref Health Africa is an independent, non-profit,non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health Africa has over 500 employees throughout Africa with its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Amref Health Africa has offices in Tanzania, Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, and South Africa, South Sudan and Senegal and a number of offices in Europe and North America for fundraising.
Amref Health Africa-Tanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Water and sanitation, e learning programme and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa has the following vacancies at country office and projects in Dar es Salaam, Tandahimba and Mwanza
PROJECT DRIVER: MORE AND BETTER MIDWIFERY FOR RURAL TANZANIA-MBM-RT
WORK STATION: MWANZA
REPORTS TO: PROJECT MANAGER-MBM-RT
To drive and take care of the More and Better Midwifery for Rural Tanzania-MBM-R project vehicle effectively and at required times
DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
- Ensuring the vehicle is in a roadworthy condition and cleaned.
- Reporting to the management on servicing (major or minor).
- Participate in vehicle maintenance by assisting the workshop mechanic.
- Recording vehicle mileage in the journey authorization sheet and submitting monthly record of distances covered against fuel consumed.
- Team work when in the field by percolating fully and effectively.
- Reporting promptly all vehicle accidents to Management and assisting in all necessary investigations for the same.
- Defensive driving techniques by strictly observing the Highway Code and traffic rules.
- To carry out any other duties as may be assigned by Amref management.
- Make sure the vehicle has been taken for police inspections required.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPRIENCE
- Form Four (O-Level) education certificates with valid certificate of competence for Driving License Class “C” for Tanzania.
- Three or more years’ experience driving for similar organizations and situation(s)
- NIT training with Driving Certificate
- Good record of integrity and team work
- Experience of driving on rural roads with difficult terrain
- Experience of working in INGOs and Government Health sector
· Articulate speaker and communicator (oral and written) in English and Kiswahili
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of two referees. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30hrs on May 23rd 2016. All correspondence should be directed to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply