Bongo Live Enterprises is a Mobile Technology & Digital advertising company based in Dar es Salaam (www.bongolive.co.tz) and works in the areas of SMS, web applications and mobile applications. Bongo Live was also recently named a Forbes Africa top 20 technology startup company.
We are seeking a talented and well rounded software developer that has a strong understanding and relevant experience with web, mobile and database development technologies. Candidates must be familiar with software development lifecycle, experience with testing techniques and deploying code across multiple environments.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
• Read and understand API documents and learn quickly to implement
• Communicate well and document work
• Work independently and flexibly beyond job description
• Ability to develop quick prototypes
• Take ownership of projects
• Location - Dar es Salaam
• Database: MySQL
• Working knowledge of SMPP, Kannel is a plus
• Comfortable working on Linux environment
• XML, SOAP & HTTP Web services.
• Knowledge of PHP frameworks (Code Igniter, CakePHP)
• Android development experience is a plus
To apply visit: http://hr.bongolive.co.tz/symfony/web/index.php/recruitmentApply/jobs.html
1. A client asks you to develop a complex web application for managing bus ticketing, scheduling and maintenance. The client has a fleet of 500 buses with 200 active users daily.
a) What framework might you use to develop the application and why?
b) What steps would you follow from start to end to complete the project?
c) What key or innovative features might you add to enhance the application?
2. A web application hosted on Amazon AWS is loading very slowly. What things would you analyze/suggest to speed up the loading time?
3. You are developing a Android mobile app for a client that requires you to push notifications to the app. What options do you have? How will you require to implement this.
Qualifying candidates shall be contacted.
References must be provided.