EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYREF: SOSJ/HR/BSJ/02/16
Position: Beyond St Jude’s Officer
Duty Station: Arusha
The School of St Jude is a charity funded school that provides a FREE, high-quality education to almost 1,850 primary and secondary children from the poorest communities in Arusha.
We are seeking a creative energetic individual to fill the position above based in Arusha, Tanzania at the School of St Jude.
Responsible for assisting the development and success of the Beyond St Jude’s Program of Community Service and Tertiary studies for St Jude’s graduates.
- Liaising with students, local government schools and St Jude’s departments to organise Community Service placements
- Organising the annual Work Readiness workshop training
- Mentoring interns during their Community Service Year placements
- Maintaining accurate database records in respect to each student/intern.
- Educating St Jude’s students about the program
- Update all business, academic leaders and school boards on Beyond St Jude’s initiatives
- Assist students with Career Guidance, University, scholarship and loan applications
- Work with the 3 other members of the Beyond St Jude team and to perform any other duties as requested by Founder.
- Diploma in Education
Skills and Competence:
- Experience working with the Department of Education
- Knowledge of government schools
- Good computer skills
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Organisational skills, good time management and ability to work independently
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Studies or its relevant from a recognized institution
- Minimum of two years Secondary teaching experience
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .Applications should be sent by 31stAugust, 2016 SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!