Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Chief Geologist based in Tanzania. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer and the role holder will be accountable to provide leadership, technical advice, mentoring and operational support that delivers best practice and improves performance in the mine geological and resource estimation functions and to provide technical advice for new projects.
This is a fixed term contract role, with the work roster being either residential or FIFO (six weeks on and three weeks off)
• Collaborate and provide advice to the mine geology teams.
• Ensure that mine exploration program objectives are met.
• Lead the annual Resources and Reserves processes and ensure the growth of Resources and Reserves.
• Support the Life of Mine (LOM) processes to enable the delivery of high quality LOM plans.
• Support the Head of Discovery with business development reviews on existing greenfields exploration and other reviews.
• Ensure that milestone dates are met for the delivery of resource model updates for all operations and orebodies.
• Establish internal and external audit frequencies and protocols for resource models and Resources and Reserves processes.
• Ensure that audits are conducted and that all agreed actions are logged on an action tracker and assigned.
• Completion of annual Resources and Reserves on time and to industry standards.
• Ensure that robust mine-mill reconciliation systems are in place.
• Audit the delivery of mine extension and GC drill programs, including providing monthly exploration updates (presentations) detailing scope delivered, results, costs etc.
• Provide support for any other technical audits as required.
• Ensure that appropriate document management systems are in place.
• Lead assigned projects and develop and implement business improvement initiatives.
• Provide functional mentorship for Graduate Geologists, Geologists and Geology Team Leaders, including:
o Conducting reviews and tracking progress of Graduate Geologists.
o Identifying skills gaps and developing realistic programs to address the gaps.
o Developing, implementing and tracking succession plans.
o Conducting performance reviews for team members.
• Tertiary degree in Geology
• Higher degree in Geology or Geostatistics will be an added advantage
• At least 10 years’ experience in a Mine Geology role on both underground and open pit operations
• 5 years’ experience in:
o a leadership role
o Resource Estimation
o Gold mining
• Experience in multi-element deposits will be advantageous
• Competence and qualified for QP Sign Off is essential
• Experience in developing countries in Africa will be ideal
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Geology of gold deposits
• Geostatistics and Resource Estimation methods
• Resource and Mine Planning Software
• Open Pit and Underground mining methods
• Drilling methods
• Assaying methods
• Fundamentals of Processing including the mining and geology interface with processing
• Project Management
• Financial Analysis
• OH&S Legislation
• Environmental Legislation
• Excellent Communication in English, both written and verbal
• Systems design and implementation
• Computer Skills – MS Office, Surpac & Datamine
• Time management, scheduling and planning
• Analysis and interpretation of data, troubleshooting
• Business Improvement tools and processes
• Team Leadership
• Presentation Skills
Online application, click HERE to Apply
Thank you so Much for Visting MKAGUZI BLOG Welcome again
If you need More Jobs visit -------:: MKAGUZI BLOG