Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization which provides assistance and promotes durable solutions for refugees and internally displaced people, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights.
Danish Refugee Council is a humanitarian actor in Tanzania. As part of the Burundian Refugee Response in Tanzania, DRC work in the sectors of camp management, community services and shelter/ small infrastructure in Nduta and Mtendeli camps
In order to fulfill DRCs staffing needs for new operations in Tanzania, we are opening the following position for Tanzanian nationals, based in either Mtendeli or Nduta camps.
A Data Entry Operator and Translator, under the management and supervision of the Camp Manager or Protection Manager and in close collaboration with the camp-based camp management or protection teams. This position will lead the database management for data and information gathered from DRC’s camp management or protection program in Mtendeli or Nduta camp.
Tasks and responsibilities of the position
- Supervise refugee incentive workers;
- Provide technical support in database design to the Managers
- Enter data provided into the appropriate software
- Data collection may be through the following methods. The data operator participates with technical support to ensure program databases can be maintained up to date:
- Needs assessments for new or follow-on programming
- Baseline assessments
- Regular program monitoring
- Post-distribution monitoring
- Mid-term evaluations
- Final evaluations
- Household surveys (sample and comprehensive)
- Focus group discussions
- Case studies
- Key informant interviews
- Assist in data collection and monitoring, as directed by the Program Managers
- Provide data for DRC’s monthly CCCM or Protection reports and various donor quarterly reports.
- Analyze data for trends and share them with DRC program managers; in collaboration with program staff, make recommendations based on research findings.
- Assess whether programs are reaching their targets and inform appropriate program staff when targets are not being met
- Assist in the production of reports and presentations for DRC staff, donors, local stakeholders and other agencies.
- Assist in translation of documents English-Kiswahili and work with incentive workers for Kirundi translation
- Any other duties as requested by Manager.
- College degree in related field
- Experience in data management
- Previous experience working with refugees or other vulnerable populations;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility;
- Flexibility in working hours when needed;
- Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, ODK platforms, databases);
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well ability to engage with community members in an open manner, maintain confidentiality and respect;
- Ability to communicate and write reports in English;
- Language ability in Kiha, Kirundi or French considered and advantage.
Salary and conditions in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for National Staff in Tanzania and based on UNHCR Tanzania’s salary scale for IP National Staff.
Duration of employment: 6 months with possible extension based on performance and funding availability.
Location: Nduta OR Mtendeli camp, Tanzania
Interested candidates should submit their application including cover letter and updated CV in English addressed to the DRC Kibondo Office at the reception gate or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis before the deadline, and interviews will be held as suitable candidates present themselves. Deadline for applications 5th September 2016.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply irrespective of origin, gender or age.
For further information about Danish Refugee Council, please go to www.drc.dk.
Welcome back to Mkaguzi Blog OR Mkaguzi.com