JSI AIDSFree – TANZANIA
The Strengthening High Impact Interventions for an AIDS-free Generation (AIDSFree) Project is a five-year program funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development under Cooperative Agreement AID-OAA-14-000001. AIDSFree is implemented in multiple countries by JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. with partners Abt Associates, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, EnCompass LLC, IMA World Health, The International HIV/AIDS Alliance, Jhpiego Corporation, and PATH. AIDSFree advances the implementation of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief by providing capacity development and technical support to USAID missions, host-country governments, and HIV implementers at the local, regional, and national level. AIDSFree is seeking an experienced Project Driver.
Job Title: Project Driver (2 position)
Position Location: Mtwara & Dodoma, Tanzania
Reports to: Office Manager
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Project Driver is responsible for the operation and care of JSI AIDSFree project vehicles; providing transport services to project staff and approved partners as necessary.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Safely operate JSI AIDS Free vehicles in accordance to Tanzania traffic laws.
• Maintain a vehicle logbook and fuel/oil/maintenance requisition books.
• Conduct inspections of vehicle fluids at regular intervals.
• Carry out minor vehicle repairs, (i.e .flat tires) in the event of a breakdown.
• Immediately report any accidents to the Office Manager.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle.
• Perform administrative duties as assigned by the supervisor.
View More Jobs...
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Certificate from a reputable Driving College
• Class C driving license
• Certificate of Secondary Education
• Long distance driving experience
• At least two years’ experience as a driver, with preference for experience with USAID or other International Organization
• Basic knowledge of vehicle repair and maintenance
• Good Swahili and English communication skills required
• Ability to work under pressure and longer hours if necessary
• Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
Mode of Application:
Submissions should be mailed or hand-delivered to the address below no later than October 12, 2016.
John Snow Inc. AIDS Free Project,
P.O. Box 9263, Plot No. 2 Mkwawa,
Roard Oysterbay Area,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful. JSI is an equal opportunity employer.