Jobs at Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (GENERAL AFFAIRS) POSITION
The Guardian,13th Sept 2016
JAPAN INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION AGENCY (JICA)(TANZANIA OFFICE)
Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is an agency of the
Government of Japan responsible for implementing Japan's Official
Development Assistance (ODA). To adequately fulfill its objectives and
in line with the expansion of its activities in the country, JICA is now
inviting' applications from suitably qualified and self - motivated
Tanzanians of high personal integrity to apply for the following
Administration Officer (General Affairs)
1. The incumbent will serve as the main person responsible for office
administration and management. Accordingly the incumbents' main duties
and responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
2. Provision of office management support including being a JICA liaison
officer with service providers (legal, Security Company, Accounting
firms, Office landlords etc.)
3. 2, Assisting the office manaqement activities including the handling
of all intensive negotiations relating to employment and labor,
immigration and tax exemption matters. '
4. Provision of necessary support. to JICA office and JICA related
personnel and thereby ensure the smooth operation of JICA activity in
5. .4, Collection, analysis, monitoring of information on all political
development in the country especially that which has bearing on JICA's
cooperation to the country,
6. 5.Developing maintaining relationship with Government ministries and
organizations including those which have direct relations with JICA such
as President Office, Ministry of Finance and Planning, Ministry of
Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Labor and Employment, The Police,
Immigration Department, TRA and other agencies.
7. .Any other duties as assigned by the office management staff.
Applicants should have the following basic qualifications:
1 .Good communication and interpersonal skills both in English and in
Kiswahili (Knowledge of Japanese language will be an added advantage).
2. Able to work proactively as a team and conduct duty independently
3. Computer skill: Word, Excel and Power Point
4. Age: between 30 and 40
5. Working experience of not less than years in civil service, in
diplomatic organs or in international or bilateral development agencies
6. Have a common sense of punctuality and discipline '
7. Minimum Bachelor's degree in Public Administration/Human. Resources
Development, taw-and other fields relating international cooperation
8. A Masters' degree in those fields will be an added advantage
If you are interested in the above position, please submit your typed
written application to the address below enclosing the following
1. Your detailed curriculum vitae plus names and contacts of two referees
2. A one page (A4 size) explanation on why you want to join JICA and how
you think you can use your knowledge and experience in the advancement
of the job you are applying for.
Remuneration: Reasonable remuneration will be paid to the successful candidate.
NOTE: Please note that JICA will contact
only those candidates who will be shortlisted for interview. Those
applicants who will not have been contacted by September 26, 2016 should consider themselves as having been unsuccessful. Kindly direct your applications/inquiries to the following address:
Ms.Miwa ITOGeneral Affairs Section,JICA Tanzania Office,3rd Floor Barclays House, Ohio StreetP.O. Box 9450Dar es Salaam