Management and Development for Health, (MDH) is a non for profit organization in Tanzania contributing to address public health priorities.MDH works with the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, academic and non-academic institutions within the country and worldwide, to address the problems of tuberculosis, malaria, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, maternal and child health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services for improving the lives of people.
MDH on behalf of Temeke Municipal seeks to employ the district Data Coordinator for Temeke as follows:
Position: District Data Coordinator (1)
Reporting To: Regional Data Manager
District Data Coordinator will be a key technical person in coordinating and supervising data collection and reporting system of all HIV and AIDS interventions supported by MDH in the respective district. S/He will play a central role in the implementation of data management and quality control activities and ensure timely production of reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Developing , modifying , and maintaining database entry and cleaning programs in the respective district
2. Developing data input controls, range and logic checks, and other data management processes based on input from other team members
3. Ensuring the accuracy of data entry, and collaborate with study-specific data supervisors to resolve data entry issues
4. Designing, modifying, generate, and maintain database reports using SAS and Microsoft Access in collaboration with other District Data Coordinators.
5. Training data team in the use of data entry and cleaning programs
6. Training Data Supervisors to develop and implement ad hoc queries; and provide them with technical assistance in running data cleaning programs, to resolve discrepancies in data entry
7. Performing SAS programming to manipulate and clean data, create variables and format libraries, develop queries in SAS for data cleaning, and prepare analysis datasets; analyze and tabulate data; and create graphic representations of statistical information
8. Working with Data Supervisors to develop standard operating procedures for QA/QC, evaluation of data entry accuracy, and work performance of the data team staff members
9. Developing relevant knowledge and skills through training and self-study; remain current on new trends in DBMS; and inform program development management
10. Any other duty as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Advanced Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics or related field
- Minimum of two years of data management and or programming
- Able to work with MS Access and Visual Basic or Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- S/he should have experience in data management in both CTC, PMTCT, HTC and other HIV and AIDS interventions
- Able to generate reports from various data bases, meet deadlines and demonstrate good attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, meet deadlines and demonstrate good attention to detail.
- Experience in working in donor funded programs and clinical research trials will be an added advantage.
- Good leadership skills
- Good in both oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Committed to work and adheres to work regulations
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of two references.
Applications should be submitted by 23th September, 2016 to the HR Manager, MDH through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by hand at our MDH Mikocheni Office near New Regency Park Hotel
Please note; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.