Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at East, Central and Southern African Health Community (ECSA-HC)
Project Funding Source: Global Fund
Reports to: Operations Officer.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will support the ECSA Health Community Global Fund Project (GF).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the collection and timely reporting of data and statistics in line with GF guidelines and requirements
The incumbent will ensure that data related to the stated goals,
objectives and activities of the project are captured using appropriate
monitoring and evaluation (M&E) methods, including any performed
operational research to meet ECSA-HC and GF requirements.
· Actively participate in the design of M&E plans and design/adapt health information systems for the project
Ensure that sound data collection and information management systems
are in place for ongoing performance analysis and programmatic action
based on data and identified needs.
· Take lead of technical assessments for the project
Provide overall coordination and oversight for the implementation of
project M&E systems to ensure timely and quality information on
project performance indicators.
· Prepare timely project progress
reports on the status of performance indicators included in the results
framework and implementation as required by the Operations Officer.
· Organize training programs for the project implementing team at the Uganda SRL.
· Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Monitoring and
Evaluation Officer should preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in
biological sciences, medical sciences or social sciences. A post
graduate qualification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added
· A minimum of three years of relevant work experience
· Previous experience in donor funded projects is preferred.
· Prior experience in monitoring and evaluation in the health sector.
· Language: Fluency in both spoken and written English
· Age: Between 28 and 55 years
Contact/How to apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their
applications comprising of a cover letter expressing the candidate’s
motivation for the job and current curriculum vitae with names and
contact/addresses of three referees should reach the address below;
East, Central and Southern Africa Health Community,
P.O. Box 1009, Arusha, Tanzania