VACANT POSITIONS AT THE TANZANIA RED CROSS SOCIETY (TRCS)
UPCOUNTRYJob Vacancies: 18 Dynamic Nurse Midwiferies
The Tanzania Red Cross Society is a voluntary humanitarian organization reaffirmed by the Parliamentary Act no. 71 of 1962. The TRCS is guided by the principles of the International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and the Seven Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The Society is well established in all regions of Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar and has a well-coordinated volunteer based network. The National Governing Board empowered by the National Executive Council and the General Assembly governs day to day affairs of TRCS. The Board relies on the TRCS Secretariat for the conduct of the daily management of activities and programs of the Society. The Society is looking for 18 Dynamic Nurse Midwiferies with proven records of managing Labour Ward Or MCH/FP Clinic to fill these positions of the National Society at its Nyarugusu Refugee Camps, Kasulu, Kigoma.
- Matron/Patron/Reproductive Health Co-Coordinator/MCH Supervisor as Case may be
- All Nurse Midwives Working in Labour Ward Or MCH/FP Clinic
- To insure health and safe mother hood delivery and acceptance of subsequent pregnancy.
- Carries outline examinations at any time of maternity cycle.
- Take health history of expectant mother
- Assesses health of the mother during antenatal, labour, delivery and post partum period and report immediately and noted complications.
- Provide safe care to mothers through out the entire maternity cycle.
- Identifies at risk mothers in ante natal, intranatal and postnatal and refer to proper management.
- Provide health education to mothers/parents on nutrition and immunization of children, FP and personnel and environmental hygiene.
- Make close observation of mothers in labour for early detection of abnormalities and taking appropriate action.
- Assists in normal deliveries and some abnormal ones if doctor not available.
- Ensure prevention of infection in maternity ward.
- Keep correct maternity statistics all the time.
- Teach subordinates to improve skills and to mother proper care of their babies.
- Gives immediate care to newborns.
- Take responsibilities as time to time may be given by her supervisor.
- Trained in nursing and midwifery and registered as such by the Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council.
ALL APPLICATION LETTERS AND CV SHOULD BE SENT IN HARD COPIES VIA DHL NOT LATER THAN MONDAY 16:00HRS 5TH SEPT 2016 TO:
The Secretary General,
Attention to Ms. Tabu Mkwawa,
Department of Health Services,
Tanzania Red Cross Society, Head Office,
Plot No. 53, Block C Mikocheni, Old Bagamoyo Road,
P.O.Box 1133 Dar Es Salaam.