Firm Service: Firm Internal
Reference Code: EAT - 123417 - JW
Type of Position: Full-time
Internal Client Services ‑ Risk and Independence
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across six (6) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Burundi.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region - and an opportunity to grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Tanzania and within the East Africa market.
We are seeking to recruit in our Internal Client Services department ‑ Risk and Independence in East Africa. This position is open to applicants and the successful candidate will be placed in their country of residence. The focus will be on the following areas:
- Independence: Monitoring and compliance to our Deloitte Independence policies, IFAC Code and any local regulatory laws
- Risk Management: monitoring and testing of client engagement risk procedures
- Assisting the client teams on any independence consultations
- Refresh and regular maintenance of the Independence and Quality Intranet site.
- Client engagement acceptance testing.
- Monitoring and facilitation of E Learning.
- Carry out local, cluster wide and international conflict checks, analyze the results and report back to the requestor in standard format.
- Assist with carrying out required background checks (open sources, DESC IREL, Eastern REL) for potential new clients and new engagements, analyse the results and report back to the requesting partner in standard format.
- Staff assistance as required with Deloitte Risk Management System (DRMS).
- Bachelors degree in a business related field with a minimum upper second class;
- Should have minimum at least 3 years work experience in accounting and/or finance
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Effective presentation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and undertake research initiatives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: www.deloitte.com/tz
Closing date: 31 July 2016