The Management of Amal Supermarket isinviting for applications from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in the below position.
The overall purpose is to Increase sales and lower cost in order to achieve positive financial result. Work closely with the Supervisors to ensure all functions related to Supermarket are properly performed to promote mission and vision of the Company.
a) Ensure excellent customer care service all the time
b) Communicate in very polite manner with the customers
c) Very good awareness of the items are sold in the shop
d) Refill the shelves with the goods ensuring the item availability
e) To use FIFO method when refill the shelves
f) Update the price labels in the shelves
g) Maintain hygiene all the time at the supermarket
h) Conduct the money transactions with the customers
i) Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts
j) Balancing the daily account at the end of each day
k) Check the shortage and surplus money
l) Use with respect the equipment and materials which will be provided from the company
m) Report the supervisor before leaving the cash counter.
n) Communicate to the customers about the promotional items
o) Ensure receipts are given to the customers
p) Take the goods left by the customers in the till to the shelf
q) Perform all the tasks with speed, accuracy and willingness giving the best example
r) Perform any duties as assigned from time to time
Qualifications and experiences needed
• 1+years of cashier work experience ; work carefully and accurately
• Must be computer literate and fluent in speaking and writing both English and Swahili languages
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment Experience in using computer software
• Commitment to Amal Supermarket values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the policies.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
If you feel you are the right candidate for this job, please send your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title on the subject line by COB Friday 27th May, 2016.