JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Director
Reports to: Boston Headquarters
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
The M&E Director will be responsible for the development and management of the monitoring, evaluation and reporting system in this program.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
· Develop a monitoring, evaluation and reporting system that includes key high-level performance indicators, baseline data, targets and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely accurate and complete reporting;
· Track indicators related to HIV/AIDS, TB, and Family Planning, as contained in ADS 205 and PEPFAR Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting guidance found at http://www.pepfar.gov/reports/guidance;
· Ensure that project related data is captured, documented and reported to properly demonstrate the impact of USAID assistance to strengthen relevant national, provincial, and district-level reporting systems;
· Support partners to develop, capture, consolidate and report on mutually identified indicators and ensure high quality and timely reporting of data and monitoring;
· Conduct supportive supervisory visits to sub grantees to observe, monitor and provide guidance and quality feedback on the use of data and indicators;
· Analyze monthly data and support training of M&E personnel in quality assurance methods;
· Provide technical advice in the design and implementation of data collection exercises (e.g., baseline and endline surveys; regular performance monitoring, etc.);
· Develop or adapt available M&E training materials for program and partner use;
· Identify best practices and provide recommendations; and
· Train and mentor staff and sub grantees in various aspects of M&E and research and assist them to use M&E systems.
· Master’s Degree in public health, demography, sociology, epidemiology, biostatistics,
· psychology or a related field;
· Seven years’ experience in monitoring, evaluation and research related to large-scale health development programs;
· Three years’ experience with management of M&E systems for USG health initiatives;
· Demonstrated experience in target setting and reporting against USG health initiatives;
· Excellent knowledge of data collection protocols for quality data collection and verification;
· Exceptional ability to analyze multiple sources of data to identify data trends and provide recommendations on project implementation;
· Demonstrated experience and familiarity with behavioral surveillance surveys, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling methods, and establishment of M&E systems in developing country contexts;
· Demonstrated experience leading and building the capacity of M&E officers in a decentralized setting;
· Exceptional communication skills (including presentations) in written and oral English; and
· Tanzanian nationals preferred.
Mode of Application: Please send your application letter and CV to email@example.com no later than 27 April 2016.
JSI Research & Training, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D