A FMCG start-up in the bottled and drinking-water segmentin Tanzania.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Sales & Marketing Team
The Sales and Marketing Manager role is manage and lead a dynamic team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. We are seeking a talented individual with experience in retail / wholesale sales and marketing, or with transferrable experience from another industry.
Bukoba Municipality, Tanzania
• Drive sales and marketing of products to retail and wholesale segment.
• Hands-on, day-to-day management of the sales and marketing team. Set targets, delegate work, motivate and coach team members.
• Generate leads.
• Manage and execute sales transactions.
• Design and execute innovative sales drives and shape products to appeal to the market and perform ahead of the competition.
• Provide support to the Marketing & Distribution functions in efforts of PR, CSR and Marketing budget. • Regularly analyze competitor offerings and trends.
• Provide effective and timely reporting on progress and make actionable recommendations.
• Develop sales and marketing strategy in collaboration with the CEO.
• Plan, execute and expand company’s sales, marketing and distribution functions and meet sales objectives
• Identify and launch new initiatives including the execution of a growth strategy to increase company’s impact in the market
• Be aware of the changing market conditions, understand the threats and opportunities and lead the company to adapt and respond accordingly.
• Build company’s brand and create awareness.
• Set weekly, monthly and yearly deliverables against business objectives and report regularly on progress.
• Manage customer database, ensuring follow-up and effective product penetration
• Ensure professional service cycle from order placement, delivery, to timely payment collection.
• Manage and co-ordinate customer pricing deals, promotions and discounts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Minimum 5 years of sales experience; specifically at the middle level.
• Must know and understand advanced features of Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and high level of customer service skills.
• Able to work in a highly-independent environment with strict deadlines and performance metrics.
• Experience managing outside agencies and vendors.
• Excellent sales and marketing track record.
• Strong people management and leadership skills.
• Transaction execution experience.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills. • Good analytical skills.
• Salary negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
• Employment available under a two years’ contract renewable on merit
Send your CV (in Word format) titled with your Name via email with the Subject Line as “Sales & Marketing Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 4 April 2016. No phone calls please.
In your application, please specify:
i. Current Gross Salary with Benefits (if any); and
ii. Expected Gross Salary