Executive DirectorEMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORO) was established by the Act of Parliament No.2 of 1996. The Institute is a semi-autonomous organization which operates under the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children. The Institute has various roles which stem from the main role of controlling cancer in Tanzania. The Institute is currently looking for a qualified Tanzania citizen to fill the following vacancy:
Job title: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
i) Appointing Authority
The appointing authority for Executive Director shall be the President of United Republic of Tanzania.
ii) Reporting Authority
The reporting authority shall be ORO Board of Trustees.
iii) Job Summary
The executive Director shall be responsible for managing strategic decisions and maintaining the strategic direction of the Institute; and shall ensure that the Vision, Mission and Goals of the Institute are achieved.
iv) Required Qualifications
Holder of at least a Master's Degree in medical or management fields; and PhD in similar fields will be an added advantage.
Must have at least eight (8) years working experience in senior managerial post in a reputable organization.
v) Required attributes
The candidate must possess the following core attributes:
Managerial and leadership ability;
Overall aptitude to public relations;
Ability to make effective decisions and ability to delegate, train, develop and motivate other staff and Unquestionable integrity.
• Shall be the in-charge and final deciding authority on the day-to-day management issues of the Institute;
• Supervise all activities of the Institute's services, research and training, overall management/maintenance and ensure that these run in accordance to the management concept of the Institute and other regulations of the Institute;
• Maintain good working relationship with external organizations financing the Institute and those providing other forms of assistance;
• Ensure that the Institute operates cost effectively, managed efficiently and sustainably;
• Chief spokesperson for the Institute on all operational matters;
• Custodian of discipline at the Institute;
• Ensure that the institute finances are appropriately managed;
• Secretary to the Institute's Board of Trustees and as such instrumental in implementing its decisions and directives;
• Represent the Institute on Government and other Institutions meetings and conferences;
• Overall in-charge of the institutional budget and the accounting officer;
• Develop the Institute's vision and identity and coordinate on-going changes in the management program;
• Co-ordinate and communicate all activities at policy level with the Government and international organizations;
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Board of Trustees and any other relevant Authority.
Successful candidate will be paid according to Ocean Road Cancer Institute Salary Scale.
viii) Terms of Engagement
The Executive Director shall be appointed for a period of three years, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
1. Qualified applicants who meet the above mentioned qualifications should send their handwritten application letters attached with current Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of academic certificates, two recent passport size and full contact address of three referees.
2. Testimonials, partial transcripts, and results slip will not be accepted .
3. Applicants who have foreign certificates should have them certified by the relevant authority before submitting their applications.
4. Presentation of forged certificates and other information in the CV shall call for legal action.
5. Applicants who are currently employed in the Public Service should route their applications through their current employers.
6. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
7. All applications must be posted; personal delivery will not be entertained.
8. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed the date for interviews.
9. Applications should be made on the strength of the requirements provided in the advertisement.
10. The applications should reach the office of the undersigned not later than 14days from the first appearance date of this advertisement.
The Board Chairman
Ocean Road Cancer Institute
Dar Es Salaam.