Tanzania Postal Bank is an established Bank by the Act No. 11 of 1991 as amended by Act No. 11 of 1992. TPB is a Bank that provides competitive financial services to our customers and creates value for our stakeholders through innovative products.
TPB is a Bank, whose vision is “to be the leading bank in Tanzania in the provision of affordable, accessible and convenient financial services”. As part of effective organizational development and management of its human capital in an effective way, TPB commits itself towards attaining, retaining and developing the highly capable and qualified workforce for TPB betterment and the Nation at large.
BUSINESS PROCESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Tanzania Postal Bank (TPB) seeks to appoint dedicated, self motivated and highly organized Business Process Development Manager (1 position) to join the Technology and Operations team. The work station is Dar es Salaam .
Reporting Line: Chief Manager Branches ( CMB )
Locations: Head Office
Work Schedule: As per TPB Staff regulations
Salary: Commensurate to the Job Advertised
To assist Chief Manager Branches in refining and overhauling of Operational Procedures and carrying out Business Process Reengineering initiatives in the Bank as per the laid down procedures and regulations.
• Be responsible for Overhaul of all Operational procedures.
• Be responsible for review of Operations Manuals and Handbook.
• Be responsible on reviewing and compiling all identified business critical opportunities for process improvement based on the Business Requirement, Customer needs and Controls.
• Ensure all Bank procedures are well documented.
• Ensure that all the procedures written meet the Operational Standard and Customer Service Standards.
• Respond to queries from internal customers.
• Assist in identifying all process which can be automated.
• Assist in identifying all process which can be centralized.
• Assist in implementation and review of Operations Department Strategic Objectives.
• Work as a team to drive and support the identification and management of operational risks on a daily basis and a source of reference in the bank in facilitating and promoting the understanding of procedures and all service and controls issues in the procedures.
• Ensure all essential policy and regulatory requirements are met in any procedure written before dissemination.
• Oversee and participate in the review, design and implementation of departmental Work Plans.
• Ensure timely escalation of any exceptions as per the existing escalation matrix in the department.
• Freely share your views on the areas with controls lapses.
• Timely closure of all exceptions raised by either Internal Auditors or External Auditors.
• To carry out any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by Chief Manager Branches and other higher offices.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
Education and experience:
Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in Business Administration,
Banking, Finance, Accounting or any discipline from any recognized university or equivalent.
• At least 3 years’ experience in the Branch operations ( management experience is an added advantage)
• A Certified Process Professional.
• Understanding of Banking Operations.
• Working knowledge of Equinox Functionality
Skills / Attributes:
Banking Operations knowledge.
PC and Spread Sheet Skills. People Management Skills.
Good Communication Skills.
Team-working: building and developing high performance Teams.
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which include benefits. Applicants are invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via other methods will not be considered. Applicants need to submit only the Curriculum Vitae (CV) and the letter of applications starting the job advertised and the location. Other credentials will have to be submitted during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures and should not in any way be attached during application.
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward.
Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM. If you are requested to make a payment for any reason, please call +255 22 2110621-2 to report the scam. You also don’t need to know one in TPB to be employed. TPB is merit based institution and to achieve this vision, it always go for the best.
Tanzania Postal Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety Management.
Tanzania Postal Bank has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.
Please forward your applications before 22nd April, 2016