BID FOR EXTERNAL HARNESSING AGRICULTURE AND NUTRITION OUTCOMES (HANO) GENDER STUDY SAVE THE CHILDREN TANZANIA PROGRAMME.
Save the Children is an international NGO, working globally, to create a lasting and positive change in the lives of children in need. Save the Children has been working in Tanzania since 1984.
Programme Name: Harnessing Agriculture and Nutrition Outcomes (HANO).
Expected result of the programme: “to reduce rates of chronic malnutrition (stunting) of children aged from 0-23 months by 10% in selected communities” by working to integrate nutrition interventions with ongoing agriculture activities.
Project Duration: 2 Year months (December 2015 to November 2017)
SCOPE OF WORK
The evaluation will be carried out in accordance with the terms and conditions specified in the Terms of Reference (TOR).
LOCATION & TIMEFRAME
The assignment will involve travelling to the project sites-Lindi. The period will cover from mid-April to mid-May 2016.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE EVALUATOR
- University Degree in social sciences, children´s rights, child protection, social development, law or a related technical field
- Clear professional expertise and current knowledge of nutrition, FSL and household economy as well as a clear understanding of the gender implications for nutrition outcomes on children and families.
- Demonstrated experience and capacity of development of written guidelines.
- Experience of working in close cooperation with many actors at different levels of the organisation,
- Excellent writing, communications and networking skills in English
- Minimum of 3 years working in sexual violence in development, developing, emergency or humanitarian settings
- Willingness to comply with SC values
- Analytical and strategic skills
- Social competence skills, integrity and be a team-worker
- A high degree of cultural sensitivity and ability to adjust to changes
Please call 0719147083 or 0756180413 during office hours from Monday to Friday to obtain the full Terms of Reference for the Assignment.
Interested applicants must submit their bids with all requisite documents in a sealed envelope to the following physical address on or before 16th April, 2016:
Save the Children
257 Kiko Avenue
Mwai Kibaki Road
Dar es Salaaam