Head Of Commercial DepartmentSource Dailynews,6th April 2016
Igunga Urban Water and Sanitation Authority (IGUWASA) is one of the competitively best Authorities in the Tanzanian water and sanitation sector supplying dean and safe water and efficient sanitation services for the residents of Igunga Town and its suburbs. The Authority is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced, dynamic and motivated Tanzanians to fill the understated vacancies that currently exist in the Authority.
2) Head Of Commercial Department ( 1 Post)
Employment Terms: Two years contract- Renewable
Responsible to: Managing Director
Purpose of the job: To be Revenue & collection accounting officer
Supervises: Cashier, Billing officer Public Relation officer and meter readers
Special attributes: Trustiness, Faithfull and integrity
Required minimum qualifications: Holder FTC in civil water engineering Of diploma in business administration at any recognized institution, working experience at least three years, Age not exceeding 45 years.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Heads the department responsible for customer services and follows up of responsible of water bills by customers.
• Advises the Managing Director 00 all issues concerning business of the Authority
• Checks and directs subordinates on customer data collection, entry, computations and analysis to ensure they are effectively and efficiently done.
• Develops and implements strategies for meeting customer demand for water and improving customer services.
• Checks on customer database to ensure it is up-dated regularly and current.
• Supervises subordinates to ensure that a customer survey is carried out continuously to understand the current credit status and needs of customers.
• Monitors availability of water supply at public supply points (Kiosks, Water bowser Animal watered services.
• Supervises disconnections and reconnection of water supply of defaulting customer to ensure they are timely carried out.
• Manages the communication between customers and Authority to ensure that customers are informed of all developments regarding water they can get from the Authority.
• Manages meter readings, calculation of water bills, preparation and distribution of water bills.
• Develops and implements strategies to ensure customers settle
• their current bills rather than have outstanding bills.
• Develops individual performance objectives, targets and standard in consultation with the immediate superior.
• Conducts open performance review and appraisal of subordinates and given feedback.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
• To prepare Monthly, quarterly and annually progress reports.
Apply in handwriting, endorsing a certified detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and letters from
2 referees; telephone numbers and e-mall address so as to reach the undersigned not later than 26th April 2016.
Applications should be sent to IGUWASA as registered mails by postal office, EMS and DHL.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
IGUWASA is an equal opportunity employer. Leaving certificates WILL NOT be accepted.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR,
IGUNGA URBAN WATER SUPPLY &
P.O. BOX 9, IGUNGA.