ICT Officer1. INTRODUCTION
Tanzania' Geothermal Developme
nt Company Limited (TGDC) is a subsidiary company of The Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) which was established in 'December 2013 for spearheading geothermal resources development Tanzania
2. OUR VISION
To be the most competitive geothermal resources development company serving today and future generations with reliable, affordable and environmental friendly energy.
3. OUR MISSION:
To offer reliable and efficient geothermal energy development services to support the nation's development vision.
TGDC is mandated:
• To carry out geothermal exploration including geo- logical, geochemistry, seismological, volcanological studies;
• To carry business In geothermal drilling for steam and hot water, well testing and logging, reservoir assessment and management;
• To mobilize funds for geothermal development from various sources;
• To promote geothermal business and developer of alternative uses of geothermal energy than electricity including watering cultures, therapeutic uses, geothermal bathing, drying of farm products and all industrial and non-industrial uses;
In order to achieve its goals, TGDC now invites applicants from suitable, qualified and well skilled persons to the positions mentioned hereunder;
Position: ICT Officer (1 Post) - Ref: TGDC/HRl029 (Re-advertised)
Reporting to: Manager Finance
Directorate: Corporate Services
To plan, organize and coordinate the provision of Information 11 and Communications Technology (ICT) services to ensure the cost effective and availability of a ICT requirements consistent with TGDC's business needs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Develops and implements company's ICT strategy for the company
Monitors security of equipment and operating systems across the company;
Develop, monitor and control database systems to ensure easy access and retrieval of database information.
Provides support to users on Installing and configuring emails, ICT equipment such Computers, Scanners and troubleshooting of the same;
Monitors and controls network, databases and systems (sever administration, accounting systems, email s system, internet HR system)for maximum functionality
• Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by the respective Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in ICT/Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related field;
• Working experience of three (3) years ICT function in reputable organization.
• Desired Attributes & Competencies:
• Development and monitoring of backup procedures and plans
• Hardware configurations and maintenance
• Efficient Database administration skills' using ORACLE, MySQL etc.
• Able to develop programs using various programming languages such as PHP, Java, C++ etc.
• Installations, Upgrades, Configuration and Administration of the ICT infrastructure.
• Knowledge of IT/Security management standards
TERMS OF, EMPLOYMENT:
Permanent & Pensionable including six months of probation for other positions than Manager Planning & Projects. Man- ager Planning & Projects will be on three (3) years renewable contract.
.A competitive package (according to existing Salary Structure) will be offered to successful candidates.
• A detailed application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position, strategic projects/activities that you have executed in your previous employment and how you will add value to TGDC
• Applicants must be Tanzanians and not above 45 years of age
• Applicants much attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contacts, three referees (two must be work related)
• A detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates) testimonials and contacts of two reliable Referees.
• Applicants must attach their copies of academic certificates
• Testimonials and provisional results/results slips will not be accepted
• Certificates from foreign academic institutions must be' >. verified by Tanzania Commission of Universities (TCU)
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Applications should be in English
• Application must be supported by passport size photo
• Women are highly encouraged to apply-
Deadline: Applications should be submitted to the address below, not later than 26th April 2016.
THE GENERAL MANAGER
TANZANIA GEOTHERMAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LTD
DAR ES SALAAM