Application Deadline: 02-12-2016
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICERS
The Centre for Counseling, Nutrition, and Health Care (COUNSENUTH) is a Tanzanian non-profit, non-governmental organization working to scale up nutrition work in Tanzania. The mission of COUNSENUTH is to improve quality of life for vulnerable groups through cost-effective, evidence-based, locally appropriate nutrition interventions. COUNSENUTH achieves this mission by building a multi-sectorial advocacy movement for better nutrition governance through active engagement with citizens, policy makers, and government authorities at all levels.
•COUNSENUTH is inviting 'applications to fill TWO positions of Community Development Officers, which will be based in Kyela, Rungwe and Rusekelo districts. Applicants should be capable of working with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds. The incumbent must have very good interpersonal skills, highly motivated, creative, team player with high degree of integrity and must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English
These positions will have two reporting channels. For all management and administrative issues of the project, the officers report to: The ASRP Project Manager and for technical issues including project reporting via COUNSENUTH Mbeya Senior Program Officer. The Community Development Officers (CDOs) will be responsible for the implementation of program activities in the designated district in Mbeya which include Mbeya DC, Mbeya MC, Mbarali DC, Kyela DC, Rungwe DC, Busekelo DC). In their designated district, the CDOs will be required to work with Local
Government Authorities, community leaders, health facilities, selected CSOs, extension workers and community health workers.
Qualifications and Experience
The applicant must:
• Hold a bachelor degree in Community Development, Nutrition or related field
• Have at least 1 year working experience in similar position
• Have experience in community engagement/mobilization and capacity building process.
• Have experience of working with Government institutions, civil society organizations and community partners.
Scope of work and Responsibilities
• Work with Program Manager in close consultation with COUNSENUTH Senior Nutrition Officer and other team members in coordinating and facilitating implementation of program activities in their respective districts;
• Work closely with the, Local Government Authority, including the Council Multisectoral Nutrition committee and the District Nutrition Officer in planning and implementing nutrition activities in the district.
• Attend regular meetings as scheduled and actively encourage and promote effective communication and strong working relationships within the team, local government, local leaders and the communities served
• Support newly trained supervisors to deliver technical support to community health providers within their local areas
• Facilitate coordination meetings, advocacy meetings and awareness raising sessions at the community level, together with community health care providers
• Ensure the community based activities such as Village Health and Nutrition Days (VHNDs), nutrition screening, health education and follow up is done properly
• Ensure counseling sessions (or pregnant women and mothers of children under two are conducted as planned
• Assist in planning for trainings of Supervisors and CHWs in their respective districts.
Follow up closely the implementation of activities under the program as scheduled in the plan of action;
• Prepare and timely submission of monthly, quarterly and annual program reports;
Interested applicants should send their written applications, updated and detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic and professional certificates and names and contacts details of three referees including addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses to the address below, quoting the position applied for in the application letter. For electronic application, quote the position title on the subject of your e-mail, Your application must be submitted to the address below not later than 02nd, December 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Executive Director
The Center for Counseling Nutrition and Health care (CONSENUTH)
Plot No 22 Mikocheni B Sam Nujoma Rd
P.O.Box 8218 Dar Es Salaam,
APPLY Online Through
Email Office: Info@counsenuth-tz.org