JOB SUMMARY: The Technical Operations Manager's primary role is undertaking the day to day activities of the technical department mostly the technical platforms and transaction gateways. S/he is responsible for providing operational support and managing technical staff while providing guidance on issues related to both management and technical activities. She/he will develop, implement and review all standard technical operating procedures and work practices, conduct risk assessment, and work to maximize productivity and minimize operational costs.
The Technical Operations Manager will analyze and evaluate Maxcom's business performance using statistical metrics, and ensure the provision, maintenance, safe use and storage of all technical equipment and materials, as well as for staff
1. Ensures daily reporting to the Director of Technical Operations on the status of all live projects.
2 . To coordinate swiftly between the technical development team and the operations team to ensure minimal down time.
3. Dissemination of operations status to the management and operations team.
4. Controlling resources within his team in line with the company' standards and regulations.
5. To formulate the policies and guidelines to foster productivity within his unit and ensure perfect consumer experience.
1. Proven operation experience in an ICT company.
2. Proven experience in dealing with transaction based organization.
3. Past experience operating a Managed Service towards an end customer.
4. Proven expertise in leading service and process improvement activities within a complex service delivery environment.
5. Good understanding of ITIL process and procedures such as Incident Management/Problem/Change Management principles and Service Level metrics.
6. Experience of working across a complex, matrix organization with an ability to develop forward plans and continuously achieve high performance
7. Able to win the trust of customers in challenging and changing circumstances.
8. Experience of management of third party relationships.
SUPERVISION & COLLABORATION
The Project Coordination Manager Distribution is under the direct supervision of the Business Development Director and adheres to the Maxcom Africa Ltd organizational framework and chain of authority.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
Works closely with the NOC Manager and The Technical Development Manager almost on a daily basis and also teams up with the other managers for the General Management team meetings and operations meetings (these are the day to day Maxcom's operations oversight teams.)
Supervision: Works with a highly competent team reporting to him under the supervision of the Director of Technical Operations.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in engineering from a four-year university
At least 5 years Work experience in handling multiple projects.
Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
Computer science background may be an added advantage.
Proven track record dealing with transaction based organization.
Interested and qualified candidates should drop their application letter with their resume and Photostat• copies of their testimonials to Maxcom Africa Ltd Office, Ground Floor at MILLENIUM TOWER - Makumbusho Area, Bagamoyo Road Dar es salaam. Or send via APPLY below
The applications to be addressed to:-Maxcom Africa Limited Jobs - Technical Operations Manager THE HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR,
MAXCOM AFRICA LTD,
P.O. BOX 31211,
DAR ES SALAAM
Closing date: Saturday, 19th November 2016 at 4.00pm. Only short listed indicates will be contacted.