Nursing Jobs at County Government Of Meru, Kenya
Meru County Public Service Board
Department Of Health
Meru County Health Nursing Services Manager. Jg ‘P’
The Meru County Health (MCH) Nursing Services Manager is responsible for the coordination and management of nursing activities within a framework of continuous quality improvement and ensuring appropriate utilization of nursing resources, whilst providing administrative guidance, supervision and support to nursing staff in Meru County.
The MCH Nursing Services Manager will play a pivotal role in supporting Meru County Health Senior Management and Complimenting Partners in strengthening and improving access to quality health services to residents of Meru County and Kenyans in general.
Reporting to: The Director of Medical Services, Meru County Health.
Supervises: All nursing activity and staff in accordance with the Meru County and National Health Standards
Nursing Job Key AccountabilitiesNursing Leadership
- Provide direction, support and leadership to all nursing staff within Meru County.
- Ensure the coordination and management of nursing activities within a framework of continuous quality improvement, ensuring appropriate utilization of nursing resources.
- Be the focal person for all nursing services related interaction with the National Ministry of Health and Development Partners
- Participate in the strategic planning processes and contribute to the achievement of County Health performance targets.
- Participate in the development of costed annual operational plans for the Meru County Health Dept.; and support their full implementation
- Facilitate effective nursing staff recruitment, development and maintenance of appropriate staffing levels and skills mix.
- Regular review and implementation of an effective mechanism to motivate staff, manage grievances and disciplinary issues amongst nursing staff in accordance with approved procedures.
- Coordinate the nursing performance appraisal system in conjunction with the Human Resources Manager in the Meru County Health Department and overall Meru County.
- Maintain currency of nursing best practice and changes in legislation affecting clinical care and ensure any changes to nursing and practice are implemented.
- Demonstrate a duty of care, professional competency and accurate documentation to support the highest standard of care to clients in a variety of clinical settings.
- In consultation with other health professionals, develop and implement promotive and preventive health strategies to reduce incidence of ill health within Meru County.
- Assist the Director of Medical and the Meru County Health team, in general, in leading and directing the quality improvement activities for better outcomes.
- Ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of a Meru County Health clinical risk management program and appropriate clinical benchmarking system.
- Assist in the development of innovative and objective processes for evaluating, monitoring and reporting on the quality of services provided.
- Ensure continuous monitoring and maintenance of optimal nursing care standards
- Provide information and other resources, as appropriate, to community groups and organizations in Meru County regarding health and social issues as requested.
- Represent Meru County Health on various community and industry committees as required.
- Work with other team Leaders in Meru County Health to facilitate community health activities/campaigns in support of public health interventions.
- Assist with public relations activities and promotion of a positive image of Meru county Health and its interventions.
- Facilitate the development of human resources for health (HRH) skills and practice to strengthen plan and effective implementation.
Qualifications for Nursing Jobs in Kenya
- As a minimum Degree in Nursing. Post Graduate training in Management or related field shall be an added advantage.
- Significant post-qualification experience, with 5 years of which is at a senior level.
- Demonstrable competence in nursing practice and management is a perquisite.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities, ability to make decision in consultation with others as appropriate, in line with best practice and standards.
- Culture of continuous professional/skills development.