Malaria Consortium is currently recruiting for a Public Health Specialist – Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention, to join our Africa Regional Office based in Uganda . The post holder will lead in providing technical assistance for the roll out of seasonal malaria chemoprevention. There will be significant travel to countries in the Sahel where the project is being implemented. While SMC/IPTc or MDA experience is desirable, a proven track record in provision of technical assistance in malaria case management, malaria control planning and implementation at ministry and field levels is essential, as is the ability to work in French.
The successful candidate will have:
- Written and spoken fluency in English; ability to work confidently in French (written and spoken)
- A minimum of master’s degree in public health or related health discipline.
- Extensive experience in health programme design, implementation, coordination and management in developing world settings
- A demonstrated track record in capacity building, training and supervision of project staff, partners and health workers
- Demonstrated technical leadership, policy development experience, and problem solving skills working on and providing expert oversight of complex projects
- Demonstrable technical writing skills with proven ability to produce research protocols, journal articles, publishable manuscripts, technical briefs, etc.
- The role involves up to 40% international travel.
To view the full job description and to apply please go to our websitehttps://recruitment.malariaconsortium.org