Reports To:Engineering Manager
Context/Scope:Serengeti Breweries Ltd (SBL) operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the 2nd largest beer company with a market share of 25%. SBL is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Ltd (EABL) – which is in turn partly owned by one of the world’s biggest alcoholic beverage companies, Diageo. The company is an integrated demand/supply business with 3 operational breweries in Dar Es Salaam, Mwanza, and a third one in Moshi, which is situated in the northern part of the country near the Kenyan border. SBL’s flagship brand is Premium Serengeti lager, which accounts for 50% of SBL sales volumes. The other beer brands are Tusker, Guinness, Tusker Malt, Kick and Pilsner.
SBL has 3 fully operational breweries in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi with a combined capacity of 1.3m Hls. Moshi has a capacity of c600khls per annum and a scope to expand to more than 1 million in F14.
Dimensions/ Financial:Deliver business year NSV, AOP AND Volume as outlined by Manager
Market Complexity:Purpose of Role:To implement and co-ordinate the performance of the all Utilities activities in consultations with Engineering manager within the Operations Department.
TOP 3 - 5Accountabilities• Day to day direction and management to ensure effective functional effectiveness of all installed utilities plants and systems
• Providing for a safe and healthy work environment through appropriate systems to monitor and mitigate against workplace risks
• Providing for effective management of plant and equipment maintenance through an effective planned maintenance system
• Development and maintenance of effective Utilities Plant maintenance plans to guarantee serviceability and proper asset care, plant availability and efficient operations
• Involvement in the evolution of Utilities Capex proposals and monitoring implementation to ensure the adherence to company engineering policies, fitness for purpose, provision of spares and training of maintenance personnel, integration with existing installations and compliance with EHS requirements
• Establish and maintain formal environmental and Occupational effective management and continual improvement.
Qualifications and Experience Required:• Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Training on Environment and OHS law and management.
• 2 Years experience in the Brewing and Processing.
• In-depth knowledge of Utilities Plants
• Process auditing skills.
Barriers to Success in Role (Optional):Failure to integrate the Engineering model in a manufacturing context