SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization with long-term, local presence in 35 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development across three sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
A wide range of national and international donors fund SNV’s work. The global Business Development Unit coordinates and supports lead and prospect development throughout the organization.
As Prospect Development Manager, you are part of the Business Development Unit at SNV, supporting country and sector teams in achieving SNV's goals of fund diversification, quality programming and quality implementation. You will support, coordinate and manage prospect development processes, provide capacity development support to country teams on in-country business development and support global market intelligence and improvement projects.
- Support preparations for forecast tenders, including intelligence gathering, opportunity assessment, pre-positioning and partner identification, working closely with account managers and global sector experts.
- Serve as proposal coordinator / bid manager for key tenders and grant applications – lead partner negotiations and (review) teaming agreements, coordinate effective and timely inputs of proposal team members as well as partners, and prepare technical and financial proposals for submission.
- Coordinate SNV’s response to global calls for proposals, sharing early intelligence with sector teams and country offices, analyzing and advising on donor requirements, leading the review process and selection of concepts for submission.
- Drive the contract negotiation process, and ensure a smooth handover of signed contracts to country and project teams responsible for implementation.
- Identify areas for improvement in business development processes, train staff (within the team and sector/country colleagues), develop tools and templates and lead internal improvement projects.
- Postgraduate qualification in international development, international business, or related relevant technical field of expertise.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in business development or institutional fundraising in the international development sector.
- Proven successful experience with and sound understanding of the funding mechanisms, policy framework, and procedures of at least two of the following organisations is required: European bilateral agencies (such as SDC, DfID, DGIS, SIDA, DANIDA, etc), Multilateral institutions, and/or development banks (ADB, World Bank, etc)
- Working experience in developing countries, prticularly where SNV has a presence, considered an asset.
- Experience in one of SNV’s sectors is considered an advantage.
- Strong proposal development skills
- Proactive, independent work approach and a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability and flexibility to work in virtual teams in an international, inter-cultural setting;
- Ability to work to deadlines supporting multiple proposals and shifting demands.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in French is desirable.
- Shipley trained is considered an advantage;
Starting date: ASAP
Length of contract: 1 year initially
Location: The Hague, the Netherlands
This is a local position. Applicants need to be eligible for work in the EU or be in possession of a relevant work permit.
How to apply
Please apply by clicking on https://snv.devhire.devex.com/jobs/331117 and completing your application in our in-house recruitment system before July 13, 2015.
Monday, July 13, 2015
Type of contract: