Department: Logistics & Fleet
Project Duration: One Year
Report to: Fleet Officer / Project Manager
Working station: Karatu, Arusha – Tanzania
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International NGO specializing in Relief and Development activities through working with local partners.
CRS provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability or handicap. As an equal opportunity employer, CRS selects candidates based solely on their qualifications and abilities, and as such strongly encourages women, minorities and disabled persons to apply.
CRS seeks a qualified candidate to drive CRS vehicles in town and to the field while strictly observing local laws and CRS policies and regulations related to the use of the CRS vehicles. To facilitate planned maintenance, routine services and minor repairs to the vehicle assigned to.
• To manage and drive CRS vehicles to which s/he is assigned to in accordance to local laws and CRS policy relative to the use of the CRS vehicles and as specified by supervisor
• To inspect the vehicle before and after a journey to ensure that it is in a good condition in order to minimize wear and tear of the vehicle
• To timely prepare and submit vehicle performance reports after each journey
• To ensure that all vehicle movements are recorded in the vehicle log‐sheets and that the vehicle is used for authorized purposes only
• To perform maintenance and minor repairs of the CRS vehicles
• Maintain drivability of vehicles, and supplies of all essential equipment of the vehicle
• To identify vehicle faults, promptly report to the supervisor and advise on appropriate repairs and services as necessary
• Schedule regular vehicle inspection and servicing strictly according to manufacturer’s recommendations or better
• To verify records of all work done on each vehicle and on the respective job cards
• Interact with visitors in a manner that is representative of CRS
• To carry out any other office activities as assigned by supervisor including errands to the banks, the airport, the post office, etc
Internal: Support and Program staffs in Dar es Salaam Office, Office Drivers/Mechanics and Fleet Officer as direct supervisor.
External: Partners, Consortium Members, CRS contracted garage mechanics
Qualification & skills
• Secondary/high school education
• Advanced Driver’s Certificate Grade Two from the National Institute of Transport (NIT) or Vocational Education Training Authority (VETA)
• Advanced Driver’s Certificate Grade One from the National Institute of Transport (NIT) or Vocational Education Training Authority (VETA) as an added advantage
• Certificate of Motor Vehicle Mechanics Grade II as an added advantage
• Valid and accident‐free Class C Tanzania Driver’s License
• At least three years’ work experience in vehicle driving and mechanics in other International NGOs or similar organizations
• Ability to speak and write in both English and Kiswahili
• Demonstrated ability to work well with both international and national staff ‐ Good interpersonal skills.
If you are interested and meet these minimum qualifications, please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae by Friday, 3rd July 2015 to the Snr. Human Resources Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or through below address;
Senior Human Resources Officer P.O. Box 34701
Catholic Relief Services
Dar es Salaam
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.