The Government Liaison is a key member of the Health services Team and is responsible with assisting the Outreach Lead in managing the linkage with Government and other stakeholders in the allocate zone. Also oversees the provision of other component of the project including Gender based Violence (GBV), Youth and Comprehensive Post Abortion Care (CPAC). The main focus of the post is to support and coordinate the MST work with the Government as stipulated in the project document such as trainings, distribution of equipment and supplies, supportive supervision and quality assurance.
1. Liaise with the Government and other stakeholders in the assigned zone for smooth implementation of project activities.
2. Represent Marie Stopes in the stakeholders meetings at zonal, region and district level in the assigned zone.
3. Coordinate and provide supportive supervision of implementation of the GBV, Youth related and CPAC activities according to the guidelines and standards.
4. Coordinate the project events in the assigned zone through effective linkage with support office, field staff, the Government and other stakeholders.
5. Participate in the project planning sessions and advise on the implementation issues related to the assigned zone
6. Coordinate and participate in the research, monitoring and evaluation activities done in the assigned zone
7. Facilitate the documentation and data collection from the field for sharing with Support office.
• Diploma in any health or social sciences field
• Additional qualification in project implementation is desirable
• At least 3 years’ experience in coordination and linkages of program activities with strong administrative skills and experience gained in the business or NGO sector
• Proven experience in working with Local Government Authorities in relation to community development and public health administration;
• Experience in working with communities (CHW, Community leaders, R/CHMTs,
• Experience collating information from various sources to produce reports for different audiences
• Experience in the fields of unsafe abortion, post-abortion care and advocacy
• Experience in involvement in council planning, supervisory, monitoring and evaluation activities
• Networking, coordination, and collaboration with communities, partners and stakeholders;
• Able to develop and articulate a clear strategic vision
• Negotiation, influencing and conflict management skills
• Able to manage and motivate teams to achieve targets and to achieve organisational change
• Strong written, reading and spoken English Language skills
• Proven ability to ‘sell’ ideas, concepts
• IT literate
• Effective leadership and management skills;
• Effective Analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Keen to pursue personal development;
• Strong commitment to the goal and vision of MST/MSI
Mode of Application
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your applications including a cover letter detailing your suitability and why you are interested in this post to the address below.
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
P. O. Box 7072, Dar Es Salaam.
Telephone: +255 22 277 4991
E-mail through the apply now button below
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.