MARYLAND GLOBALMaryland Global Initiatives Tanzania, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore is looking for a qualified Tanzanian to fill the following position.
INITIATIVES TANZANIA LIMITED
INITIATIVES TANZANIA LIMITED
POSITION TITLE: PROGRAMS MANAGER
Department: Program Support
Reporting to: Country Director
Work Station: Dar es Salaam
The Programs Manager will be a key program management resource within the organization - the Maryland Global Initiatives (MGIT) - an affiliate of University of Maryland
Baltimore) and the person's primary responsibility will be to ensure that all resources needed for project implementation teams to meet scopes of work deliverables are in place.
The Programs Manager will be responsible for documenting project work plans, implementation progress monitoring, reporting and lessons learned dissemination. The holder of this position will be a key member of the senior management team of the organization.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
a) Program Planning and Management
• Work with the clinical team in program activities planning and keep track of what is going on throughout the program;
• Ensure program implementation follows appropriate institutional and donor policies and procedures
• Provide management support to the Country Director, Senior Technical Director, and technical staff to ensure that MGIT's SOW is implemented and provide all needed operational support to clinical teams to make this possible;
• Work with CD, OTD and Team Leads to gather information needed to document progress in delivering SOW, including key lessons learned and best practices;
• Participate in the development of the program results framework and MGIT scope of work;
• Participate in development of quarterly work plans with the rest of the clinical leadership;
b) Budget Development and Management
• Develop the MGIT annual budget in close collaboration with the CD and CTD;
• Work closely with the Program management office and International Finance Office and ensure that the country program is managed within the agreed budget, and that all financial guidelines are adhered to; .
• Prepare cash flow projections for anticipated expenditure in country and work with International Finance to ensure funds are availed when needed for program implementation continuity; .
• Carry out expenditure analysis on a timely basis and work with the Country Director and the technical staff to re-program funds where necessary in order to effect programming priorities and advise the finance lead at HQ accordingly;
• Assist with procurement planning for laboratory related items and other supplies and follow up with HQ to ensure timely delivery;
• Manage the in-country operations account in line with the university financial accounting regulations;
• Work with the Country Program and the HQ international management team to cost program components for funding applications;
c) Implementation Monitoring and Reporting
• Work with the CD to ensure that all internal and external reports in timely manner.
• Liaise with Outcomes & Evaluation team to integrate program evaluation into program reporting;
• Document key lessons learned in program implementation and share them with the CD, CTD;
• In close collaboration with the CD monitor and evaluate implementation of the clinical scope of work
d) Staff and logistics management:
• Develop the staffing plan for the country program in collaboration with the CD and ensure that there are enough resources in place to support the plan;
• Oversee all recruitment activities;
• Ensure in country staff is adequately managed and equipped to carry out their jobs;
• Supervise HR, admin, and finance personnel in the country program;
• Ensure all the University's and program's HR policies are well disseminated and are adhered to;
• Work with all technical leads to ensure their staff's performance plans are developed and are appraised in line with HR policies;
• Ensure that all the program's assets such as vehicles and equipment are well managed within the allowed policies;
• Manage all operational and programmatic contracts and ensure timely approval arid renewal
e) New Business Development
• Work' with the Country Director and other members of management team closely to identify new opportunities for program development and participate fully in new business development activities
Qualifications and Experience
• MBA or MPH with proven project management competence
• At least 5 years' experience managing and/or supporting health projects
• Management consulting experience desired
• Excellent writing, communication and costing budget development and management skills
• Experience managing teams
MODE OF APPLICATION;
Interested candidates should send their application letters, enclosing their CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and names of three referees to the following postal address;
HR & Administration Coordinator
Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania LTD
Plot 591 Yacht Club Rd
P. O. Box 75568
Dar es Salaam
OR electronically through firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received within two weeks from the appearance of the advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source; The Guardian 25th June 2015