Position: Data Entry specialist
Reporting to: Operations supervisor
Purpose of Classification:
Reviews, verifies, codes and enters data from source materials. Extracts and compiles information from databases to produce reports.
Typical duties included are, but not limited to:
· Reviews and verifies source materials to determine accuracy and completeness of information; follows up to correct or complete data. Compiles, sorts and counts data to be entered.
· Codes and/or corrects codes of input data as needed.
· Enters and records data from electronic and hard copy source materials into system(s) using an electronic keyboard or optical scanner. Updates records by deleting, changing, merging or adding data to files.
· Verifies entered data ensuring accuracy. Identifies and reconciles routine and complex data input discrepancies. Deletes data entry errors and enters corrections.
· Extracts and compiles information from databases to produce routine and specialized reports. Disseminates reports according to established procedures.
· Logs and monitors physical location of source documents.
· May provide assistance and guidance to other data entry staff.
BASIC/ JOB REQUIREMENTS
- One year of experience entering data using an alphanumeric keyboard Fluent in English
- Computer proficiency is a must
- Speed typing of at least 30 words a min
- Secretarial course will be an added advantage
- MS Office Applications
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
· Problem Solving/Reasoning skills
· Attention to Detail
· Time Management