REQUIRED POST: MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
LOCATION: TRCS HQ DAR ES SALAAM
PROJECT: LIFE HBC PROGRAM
REPORTING TO: LIFE PROGRAM MANAGER
PERIOD OF PROGRAM: ONE YEAR
The Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) Officer is responsible for developing, implementing and continuously monitoring the LIFE program plans and system for gathering, reporting and analyzingperformance indicators/data. The M&E officer works closely with the field staffs Regional and District coordinators of LIFE program, LIFE program Manager, NACP, EGPAF, Pathfinder International, CHMTs MOHSW and other partners to ensure that the performance- monitoring plans are feasible, appropriate and capture adequate scope of PEPFER and EGPAF funded LIFE program.
In collaboration with other M&E program officers will be responsible for project indicator monitoring, ensuring monitoring tools are revised and program staff and implementing partners are properly trained to use them. She/he will continuously advise the program manager on status towards achieving set targets.
· Site staff on the use of M & E tools, QI, data entry, data cleaning and back up;
· Build capacity of RHMT and CHMT in maintaining quality during data entry, collection and recording, reporting and use of data
· Participate in planning and selection of qualified consultants for M&E related work and critically assess consultant reports and other deliverables
· Develop and implement programs of district level performance monitoring plans, including identification of performance indicators, reporting systems, and M&E systems
· Receive reports from partners and field office, analyze, and consolidate into a single quarter report. Participate in the preparation of LIFE program quarterly and annual service reports,
· He /She will be responsible to timely and accurate reporting preparation of LIFE Program areas.
· He /She will ensure coordination between LIFE Program and CHMT and RHMT in implementation of timely and accurate reporting of key program indicators and national indicators.
· To assure that data entry in the LIFE PROGRAM is done timely, accurate and complete, in collaboration and supporting other field staffs who are involved in the same activity.
· To produce several standard reports from the LIFE PROGRAM for use in decision making and dissemination to lesson learnt as well as program performance to different stakeholders.
· Work closely with technical staff to support quality improvement activities:
· Masters level degree (MS or MPH) in demography, statistics or management information systems with minimum of three years experience in Monitoring and evaluation in health programs.
· Through knowledge of HIV/AIDS and reproductive health issues, home based care
· Experience in graphics, presentation (word) and spread sheet (excel) skills required
· Experience with PEPFER reporting systems
If you are interested in the positions, apply by sending a brief application letter, clearly stating why you should be considered for the position and how you will add value. With the letter, concise curriculum vitae should be enclosed showing briefly your achievement /accomplishments for you to deserve to be considered for the position.
Deadline: 15th September, 2015
Applications should be addressed to:
Deputy Secretary General
Head Office, Plot No. 53, Block C Mikocheni,
Old Bagamoyo Road, P.O. Box 1133,
Dar es Salaam