the Act No. 11 of 1991 as amended by Act No. 11 of 1992. TPB is a Bank that provides competitive financial services to our customers and creates value for our stakeholders through innovative
TPB is a Bank, whose vision is “to be the leading bank in Tanzania in the provision of affordable, accessible and convenient financial services”. As part of effective organizational development and management of its human capital in an effective way, TPB commits itself towards attaining, retaining and developing the highly capable and qualified workforce for TPB betterment and the Nation at large.
Tanzania Postal Bank (TPB) seeks to appoint dedicated, self-motivated and highly organized Credit Officer– Group Lending (1 position) to join the Retail and
Business Banking team. The work station is Tabora
Reporting Line: Branch Manager (BM) or Branch Operations Manager (BOM)
Work Schedule: As per TPB Staff regulations
Salary: Commensurate to the Job Advertised
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring on quality group lending portfolio for branch.
• To ensure collections/repayments of group loans at the branch as well as ensuring the loans are managed in accordance with group loans credit policy and lending manual.
• To make follow up of queries raised by internal and external auditors.
• To do reconciliation, dealing with suspended transactions and MIS balancing on related G/L Accounts of Micro Group Lending
• In coordination with branch managers, he/she will deal with list of borrowers who have missed loan instalment, un serviced loans, under/over deducted instalments.
• To ensure that weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual portfolio reports are prepared
• Liaise with the branches to ensure that no queries are raised by customers or auditors with regard to Group Micro Lending product.
• Ensure that all the Group Micro loan repayment are collected and deposited into TPB’s bank account within 12 hours by cross checking group funding accounts.
• Cross sell other TPB’s products and services.
• Participate in the preparation of Branch/mini branch annual plan and projections for group loan portfolio
• Ensure accurate and timely filing of both group and individual loan documentation
• Attend any other duties as may assigned by the superior.
§ To serve customer effectively
§ Posting transactions
§ Coordinate all counter activities while ensuring that quality service is provided to customers.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Customer Satisfaction
• Individual Productivity and Turnaround time
• Minimum Cash Differences
• Accuracy of Transactions Postings
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree/Advanced Diploma in Banking, Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting from any recognized University or equivalent qualification.
Experience and skills:
• At least 1 - 3 years of relevant Banking Experience
• Good knowledge of micro finance with significant experience in group lending may be added advantage.
• Working knowledge of Equinox core banking system is an added advantage
• High level of integrity
• Must be keen on details
• Excellent communication and report writing
• Ability to work under pressure and minimal supervision Ability to relate to people at all levels Computer literate is desirable.
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which include benefits. Applicants are invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications via other methods will not be considered. Applicants need to submit only the Curriculum Vitae (CV) and the letter of applications starting the job advertised and the location. Other credentials will have to be submitted during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures and should not in any way be attached during application.
Tanzania Postal Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety Management.
Tanzania Postal Bank has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. Late applications will not be considered. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: a security clearance; a competency assessment; physical capability assessment and reference checking.