REF: SOSJ/HR/ACDM /007/15
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Position: Physics, Biology and Chemistry Teachers
The School of St Jude is a charity funded school that provides a FREE, high-quality education to over 1,900 primary and secondary children from the poorest communities in Arusha.We are seeking a creative energetic individual to fill the position above based in Arusha, Tanzania at the School of St Jude.
To provide a high level of education to the school’s children and help those to learn new ideas and concepts to ensure the students meet the required standards of the Tanzanian education system
- Teach Chemistry and Physics National Curriculum subjects to students in one or more Year levels
- Plan lessons in line with National Curriculum syllabus documents and in accordance with the school policy
- Provide a learning environment which allows students to learn effectively and in which they are inspired to learn
- Monitor and record the progress of the students and encourage them to develop and fulfill their academic potential
- Keep up to date with developments in the subject area, with new resources, teaching methodologies and national objectives.
- Liaise and collaborate with colleagues
- Fully support the work of the department and fulfill the school’s mission and purpose
- Research new topics and maintain up-to-date subject knowledge
- Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and throughout the school and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school and apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary
- Call parents (in collaboration with the HoD) when there is an academic concern
§ Degree in Education or any other related field from a recognized College or University.
§ Must have an experience of 2-3 years.
Skills and Competence:
§ Strong interpersonal skills.
§ Ability to work well in a team environment
§ Willingness to work flexible hours
§ Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
§ Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and the ability to motivate student.
§ Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgTHE SUBJECT LINE MUST BE THE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
Kwa Nafasi za Kazi Zingine Angalia Kwenye KAZIHOME BLOG