SWISSAID is an international NGO that has been working in Tanzania for the past 20 years. SWISSAID is supporting smallholder farmers in the south (Mtwara and Masasi) through livelihood interventions in the area of ecological farming and small scale value chain initiatives, working with farmer groups and marketing associations.
For a full job description visit our website: www.swissaid.ch.
Main Job Purpose:
Represent SWISSAID and manage its office, staff and programme in Tanzania
SWISSAID Coordination Office (Coof) Dar es Salaam with frequent visits in the rural areas of intervention, Mtwara and Masasi.
Scope of Job
- Representing SWISSAID Tanzania in all the relevant sector groups
- Lead on programme design, partnership building and resource mobilisation
- Leadership, change management, staff development and knowledge management
- Oversight over and Quality Assurance of program implementation and results based management
- Oversight, controlling and management of financial resources
- Advocacy and lobbying on programme related issue
- Coordination of Public Relation (PR), information and communication for development
- Networking, promoting thematic and sectoral synergies for partnerships
- Secretary to the Local Advisory Committee
- Coordinate and draft analytical and/or strategic reports
- Master’s degree in international development, public administration, business administration, public policy or other relevant social, legal or environmental sciences
- 7 years of relevant experience in development cooperation in a governmental, multilateral, INGO or civil society experience in a multi-cultural setting
- 3 or more years of senior-level management responsibilities of similar size and complexity
Skills / competences:
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong commitment for justice and the rights of marginalized people
- Good understanding of the country situation
- Share organizational values, high degree of commitment and integrity
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Some understanding of Swahili desirable
The preselection of suitable candidates will be carried out by cinfo; www.cinfo.ch
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application online by 4 September 2015 at the latest.