Programme/project management: Contribute to all stages of the programme and project cycle, from identification to evaluation, in close cooperation with relevant EU Delegation and HQ services, institutional counterparts and beneficiaries. This will include in particular the preparation and contractual and technical follow up of actions implemented in direct centralized management mode. The preparation, follow up and monitoring of actions implemented through the Ministry of Finance, National Authorizing Officer for the European Development Fund; Contribution to all aspects of the procurement process.
Sector analysis, donor coordination and dialogue: Support sector analysis and policy development, as well as participation in dialogue and coordination platforms with relevant ministries, agencies, development partners and other stakeholders in the target thematic areas.
Reporting, Communication: Monitor and report in a timely fashion on sector issues. Prepare background notes and briefings on request. Support dissemination of results of projects at workshops, seminars, conferences and other public events. Contribute to the production of publications, speeches and articles.
Representation, Networking: Maintain good and effective contacts with the local operators in the field, with the national authorities and institutions, with representatives of the diplomatic missions of the EU Member States, with representatives of the international donors, with NGOs and other local NSAs. Prepare and assist in missions from Headquarters as needed.
Other tasks: Perform other tasks assigned by the Head of Section, Head of Cooperation or Head of Delegation, including with regard to donor coordination and aid effectiveness.
- University Degree in Economics/Management, Agriculture/Rural Development, Natural Resource/Environmental Management, Energy or related areas.
- Minimum 4 years of professional work experience as a programme officer in relevant thematic areas.
- Experience of working with private sector and/or governmental organizations in the East and Southern Africa region will be an advantage
- Experience of working within an international donor agency and experience with EU Project Cycle Management will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of EU cooperation policies, EU development assistance programmes and related - legal bases and procedures will be an advantage.
- Computer literate: Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent command of the English language, both oral and written.
- Knowledge of Swahili will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of French will be an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure, to meet deadlines and to respond quickly to new demands.
- Ability to work independently.
- High sense of responsibility, integrity and capacity to deal with confidential information.
How to Apply:
Please ensure that your application includes: Curriculum Vitae; Motivation letter which discusses your personal history, general work experience as well as your specialized skills regarding the announced vacancy.
Please note that only applications sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 04-09-2015 at 18h00 will receive consideration. Please do not attach certificates, transcripts, references or anything not mentioned above. If you are selected for interview, we will request some of these items for verifications along with 3 references. Please note that only those candidates invited will receive written notification on their applications.
Reference for all communications: AS INDICATED UNDER EACH POST
Nafasi Zingine zote Za Kazi Mpya 2015 Zinapatikana Hapahapa Kazihome