The contract of the current Executive Director is coming to an end in December 2015. REPOA is
The purpose of this role is to provide the overall leadership in achieving its strategic mandate, vision and mission of REPOA.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is the Chief Executive Officer responsible for the overall management and operations of REPOA activities. The aspirant is therefore expected to have experience and skills in undertaking research, management and leadership.
Summary of duties and responsibilities
1) Leading and directing the day to day operations of the institution, providing leadership focus for the senior management team and ensure an open and inclusive management style;
2) Working closely with the Board of Directors to develop and drive challenging but achievable REPOA’s strategic objectives and ensure that competences are developed for achieving the results;
3) Supervise the preparation of the Institution’s 5-years strategic plan, annual plans, ensuring the implementation of Institution objectives and meeting the needs of stakeholders;
4) Ensure preparation of overall institution’s budget in consultation with management. Monitor expenditure and availability of adequate funds for short and long term objectives to meet the projected expenditure at all times;
5) Supervise preparation of the periodic performance reports and presentation to the Board of Directors;
6) Liaise with the Board of Directors regarding the direction of the institution.
7) Monitor staff compliance with the Institution’s ethical standards by developing policies, regulations, and staff performance requirements.
8) Ensuring adequate resources, tight performance and sound financial management and controls of the institution, with clear lines of responsibilities;
9) Promoting a culture in which staff feel motivated, supported and are able to develop within the institution so as to ensure delivery of high quality and exceptional professional works locally and internationally;
10) Implementing approved plans by the Board of Directors, including the achievement of agreed targets
11) Promoting public confidence to REPOA’s work, professionalism, integrity, quality of research and impartiality of the institution’s activities;
12) Secretary of the Board of Directors, thus responsible for preparing Board meetings and custody of Board proceedings in line with the Companies Act and best practices in Corporate governance.
Required Qualifications and Mode of Engagement
• Applicant must be a holder of PhD in Economics, Public Administration or other Social Sciences.
• 10 years’ experience in managerial and leadership positions in a reputable institution
• With at least 5 years involvement in research works.
• Proven record of publishing of research papers in reputable journals and coordination of research activities.
• Demonstrated strong management and communication skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, professional reputation, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements.
• The Executive Director position is a five years contract position with the possibility of renewal upon satisfactory performance.
Qualified applicants are welcome to apply and should send their typed application letter and detailed CV including three referees to the address below by 28th August 2015.
REPOA is an equal opportunity employer.
Only selected applicants who meet requirements will be considered for an interview. Those who do not hear from REPOA should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Applications should be addressed to the Chairperson, REPOA Board of Directors, using the contacts below.
REPOA - 157 Mgombani Street Regent Estate,
P.O. Box 33223, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Phone: +255 (22) 270 0083 / +255 (22) 277 2556
Fax: +255 (22) 277 5738 | Mobile: +255 (0)78 455 5655