Organizational Capacity Building Specialis
Organizational Capacity Building Specialist
Purpose of the position***:
Will build technical competence and organizational capacity of local civil society organizations /community based organizations at several levels in order to strengthen their overall response to the welfare of most vulnerable children in Tanzania. This will include (but not limited to) facilitating the development of tailored capacity building plans that may include, but are not limited to training, mentoring and support in the areas or planning, finance and administration, advocacy, governance, management and leadership, and monitoring and evaluation.
Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
- Lead organizational/institutional capacity building component for local organizations and structures including areas of NGO Success Competencies such as Leadership, Governance, Administration, HR Systems, Financial Systems, Organizational Management, Program Management, and Project Performance Management.
- Provide leadership and coordination in the development, dissemination and promotion of programs in local organizational/institutional capacity building plans.
- Provide or request technical expertise to local partners including technical capacity in M&E, most vulnerable children, and other program areas as appropriate and needed.
- Conduct needs assessments, program designs, start-up, phase-in/out, customer service, communication, reporting, and monitoring and/or evaluation activities.
- Ensure program targets are met per program documents and in accordance with donor requirements.
- Organize documentation of best practices and lessons learned, directed towards multiple audiences, to influence programming, policy and foster professionalism in industry.
- Gather capacity building data required for monitoring and evaluation in a timely and accurate manner.
- In sympathy with Christian values capacity of local organizations and sub grantees in U.S. government (USG) - supported grants.
- Coaching, advising, and enforcement are essential functions of this position.In sympathy with Christian values capacity of local organizations and sub grantees in U.S. government (USG) - supported grants. Coaching, advising, and enforcement are essential functions of this position.
· Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
· Must be able to provide spiritual leadership within but not limited to chapel and daily devotions;
· Must have outstanding oral and written communications and relationship skills and;
· Must be willing to perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification required: Bachelor degree or higher Diploma in Economics, Development Planning or related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years demonstrated work experience and skills in Organizational Development.
- Preferred: Familiarity with Public expenditure management and accountability.
Technical Skills & Abilities:
Proven experience in development of interventions to improve quality, efficiency and sustainability of civil society and communities in Tanzania, S/he must possess sound understanding and capability to empower and develop the capacity of others at both national and sub-national level, Demonstrated ability to design capacity building strategies based on clear needs identification and understanding of the operating context, and experience of working with CSOs, with national or local governments, Demonstrated knowledge and experience in planning and program/project management for Government/donor initiatives, Experience in assessing technical capacity of organizations, developing customized capacity building plans, and providing individualized training, mentoring and on-site support in various technical areas of need.
***This position is contingent with grant award to World Vision.
Nafasi za kazi nyingine nyingi zinapatikana hapahapa Kazihome Like Page yetu ya Nafasi za Kazi Hapo Juu kabisa Uwe unapata Nafasi za kazi Kirahisi.