Acacia Mining seeks to employ a Risk and Assurance Analyst based at our Dar es Salaam Office. This role reports to the Risk and Assurance Section Leader and the role holder will assist in delivering internal audit and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) activities within the Company.
The primary objective for this role is to conduct internal audit assignments throughout the group. The person will also participate in delivering risk management services to relevant functional areas within Acacia. In addition, the individual will be called upon to travel to the operational sites, currently mostly located in Tanzania and, on occasion, to South Africa.
This is a permanent role based in Dar es Salaam, with travel to the Acacia operations.
• Contribute to the development and execution of the department’s annual integrated risk and assurance plan.
• Conduct high quality audit engagements or perform special projects requested by management in line with the Acacia Internal Audit methodology.
• Work with management to identify risks that would prevent achievement of their business/process objectives, and determine whether appropriate controls are in place to mitigate these risks.
• Prepare audit reports and working papers that support opinion and recommendations to improve process, system and control deficiencies.
• Ensure management is kept appraised of audit activities/findings, communicate audit results and recommended actions to management, and determine the appropriate and timely action to be taken for significant items previously reported.
• Follow-up on reported findings at appropriate intervals.
• Assist in execution and updating of risk management related processes.
• Establish and build mutually beneficial relationships with Acacia management.
• Utilise internal audit system tools in executing assignments.
• Execute specific control testing in terms Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
• Continuous professional development in Internal Auditing and Risk
• Adhere to all organisational and professional ethical standards.
• A relevant Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Auditing
• Professional certification as a CIA and/or CISA is highly desirable
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in internal audit
• Big Four experience in internal audit and ERM will be advantageous
• Ability to travel on a periodic, as needed basis
• Experience in the resource/mining sector would be highly desirable
• Experience in data analytics (e.g. IDEA) would be highly desirable
• Experience in SOX testing and evaluations would be beneficial.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Advanced accounting and auditing experience and business acumen
• Good knowledge of COSO control framework
• Comfortable with risk assessment methodologies.
• Proficient in Team Mate, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member
• Excellent report writing skills
• Leadership and project management skills
• Superior organizational, analytical and communication skills
• Highly-motivated, able to work independently
• Ability to effectively interact with senior management
Primary LocationTanzania-Dar Es Salaam Region-Dar Es Salaam Regional Office
SEND APPLICATION ONLINE THROUGH THIS LINK