ADMINISTRATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (1 POST) Appointing Authority: Board of Directors
Employment Terms: Three years contract – Renewable Responsible to: Managing Director
Subordinates: Assistant Managers heading Human Resources, and Administration sections. Salary Scale: MWAUWASA’s Salary Scale of MAS 12 (Fixed)
Required minimum qualifications:
Possession of a Degree or Advanced diploma in human resources management/public administration or equivalent; At least five years relevant working experience, three of which must be at a senior management position; Possession of Postgraduate degree is an added advantage; Age not exceeding 45 years.
Duties and responsibilities:
Employees duties include but not limited to the following:-
• Heads the Administration and Human Resources Department; responsible for Human Resources, Administration and Transport.
• Handles all Administration and Human Resources affairs.
• Liaises with the Commercial, Finance and Technical Managers in the formulation of work performance targets.
• Reviews organization structure, schedule of duties and staffing.
• Reviews and draws up scheme of service and career development.
• Conducts disciplinary investigation.
• Ensures that standard procedures in operation for salary reviews and incremental progression are observed and a harmonious working environment for the whole Authority is maintained.
• Ensures regular reviews of performance of individual employees through performance assessment and appraisal is conducted.
• Ensures existence of organization structure, manning levels, recruitment and selection procedures and staffing of the Authority with the right number of staff who are properly qualified and experienced.
• Ensures that the Human Resources Section maintains schedules of manpower and skills inventory needs for the Authority at all levels, considering both current and future operations.
• Ensures existence of staff development and training program and training opportunities for high potential employees in the Authority.
• Ensures existence and implementation of Human Resources policies.
• Makes sure that the Authority maintains adequate and accurate Human Resources records that meet managerial and statutory requirements.
• Ensures smooth discharging of administrative support services.
• Ensures proper administration of transport and upkeep and maintenance of Authority vehicles.
• Coordinates with Departmental and Sectional heads for the salvage of usable materials and the disposition of obsolete and non- salvageable items.
• Advises the Managing Director on all Administrative and Human Resources matters.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Apply in handwriting, enclosing a certified detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and letters from 2 referees; telephone numbers and e-mail address so as to reach the undersigned not later than 4th September 2015. Applications should be sent to MWAUWASA as registered mails by postal office, EMS and DHL. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. MWAUWASA is an equal opportunity employer. Leaving certificates and transcripts without degree or diploma certificates WILL NOT be accepted.
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR,
MWANZA URBAN WATER & SANITATION AUTHORITY,
P.O. BOX 317,