SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR, FAMILY PLANNING
Biomedical/Treatment Advisor and matrix reporting to EH/TZ Technical Director
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
project that will support comprehensive community-based HIV prevention programming for key and vulnerable populations in Tanzania. EngenderHealth Tanzania is a partner to
EngenderHealth is seeking applications from highly qualified candidates for Senior Technical Advisor, Family Planning. This position is open for Tanzania national candidates only.
In collaboration with the Senior Technical Advisor for Social Behavior Change Communication, and the Senior Technical Advisor for Gender, the STA Family Planning will work to ensure the project’s biomedical interventions support gender transformation, and complement SBCC interventions.
- In partnership with MOHSW, the EH/TZ STA FP will technically lead the planning and conducting of facility audits/ assessments at the start of the project and other times as required during the project lifespan.
- Provide expert technical assistance to integrate FP into the project’s community-based core and expanded HIV prevention services.
· support the development and delivery of HTC/FP services through mobile outreach, drop-in centers, and MOHSW facilities(Priority target groups for HTC/FP services include young vulnerable women (15 -24), female sex workers (FSW), and women living with HIV )
- Ensure that FP counseling and a mix of FP methods are systematically and effectively integrated into all three service delivery models
- Develop and implement training plans, support supervision and monitor and evaluate the increased capacity of providers to offer high quality rights-based FP counseling, and short and long acting FP methods services.
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with the RESPOND Tanzania Project and other relevant USAID projects to maximize project synergies.
- Develop an appropriate referral mechanism for FP/LARC/PMs services as needed.
- Support, advocate and advise national ministries and decentralized government authorities, training and research institutions, and civil society organizations, in addressing the FP needs of key and vulnerable populations.
- In partnership with other relevant project staff participate in the preparation of quarterly and annual and other relevant reports or documentation as required by the funding agency and/or key partner organization (MOHSW).
- Attend the National Family Planning Technical working Group to ensure that FP needs of key and vulnerable groups are addressed.
- Jobs In Mara Tanzania
- Jobs in Tanzania Moshi
- Nafasi za Kazi Arusha 2015
- Nafasi 5 za Kazi ya Finance Dar es salaam
- Jobs in Tanzania Dar es salaam at TMA
- FINANCE INTERN IN TANZANIA 2015
- Jobs in Tanzania Zanzibar 2015
· Advanced university degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Midwifery or other related field
· At least 7 years’ experience providing TA in areas related to FP, and FP/HIV integration ;
· Specialist expertise in FP services (including LARCs), PHDP and FP provision to HIV-positive clients preferred
· Experience with curriculum development/adaptation, provider and supervisor training and follow-up, service integration, referral systems, and development of client-responsive static and mobile/outreach services;
· Knowledgeable on situation of FP and HIV prevention services in Tanzania
· Demonstrating required clinical knowledge and skills, for the provision of family planning and related reproductive health services for HIV clients particularly the vulnerable groups of the population
· Demonstrated knowledge and skills to design, plan and conduct FP /RH including HIV and TB prevention trainings for service providers and supervisors
· Knowledgeable on the National Guideline for Comprehensive Package of HIV and Health Interventions for Key Populations
· Good understanding of strategies for ensuring clinical quality in provision of MCH, FP and HIV prevention care and other related services
Please visit the careers page at www.engenderhealth.org to submit you details online by 25th September, 2015.