The International Rescue Committee (IRC) IRC Tanzania is present in the Kigoma Region, Northwestern Tanzania, providing services to refugees and host communities. Approximately 155,000 refugees, the vast majority from Burundi and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) receive protection and basic assistance in the areas of Child and Youth Protection and Development, Community Based Rehabilitation for persons with disabilities and special needs, and Gender Based Violence / Women’sProtection and Empowerment (WPE). In addition, IRC also does child protection work in the host communities surrounding the camps, in Tanga region and in Dar es Salaam.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) seeks to recruit qualified, energetic and committed candidate for the post of Human Resource Manager to provide.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Senior Supply Chain Coordinator oversees the country program’s critical support functions: IT, assets, warehousing, security and procurement, ensuring that all the necessary systems, policies and procedures are up to date, rolled out, understood, and implemented in all locations in close coordination with field management. S/he is a member of the country senior management team, reports to the Country Director and supervises supply chain staff.
POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND COORDINATION
- Implement operational systems to support new and existing IRC programs in consultation with Program Coordinators and Heads of offices.
- Work with Program Coordinators to ensure functional operational support is in place in all field sites.
- Ensure implementation of IRC global operational policies at a national level. Ensure compliance with donor regulations.
- Serve as a focal point and maintain communication with HQ and regional operations staff.
- Ensure each department works effectively with the other departments to improve planning and resource utilization.
- Ensure Supply Chain senior staff have adequate oversight of the supply chain function in both new and existing IRC programs and maintain strong working relationship with Program Coordinators to ensure effective delivery of supply chain support to program activities.
- Ensure application of the IRC Global and donor Procurement and Supply Chain Policies.
- Provide strategic, proactive and supportive leadership to Supply Chain and ensure highest level of accountability.
- Ensure supply chain policies are disseminated to all staff and work with heads of field sites to ensure policies are implemented across field offices.
- Work with the Supply Chain senior staff to ensure that supply chain is optimally structured and staffed to meet operational changes needed in support of program expansion or re-direction.
- Work with the Supply Chain senior staff to ensure compliance with IRC policy throughout all sites.
- Monitor supply chain department performance against set standards to identify areas for improvement and work with Supply Chain managers to develop improvement plans.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHOLOGIES (ICT)
- Oversee the IT department and work with IT team to ensure adequate support is provided to field offices.
- Review IT department performance against set standards and work with IT Manager to develop improvement plans.
- In collaboration with the IT department in HQ, maintain and upgrade IT systems to support Internet communication throughout the country program.
- Develop IT equipment replacement plan based on IT Annual Audit Report; ensure budget gaps are addressed in budgets.
- Ensure IT policy is developed and ensure staff are trained in basic IT policy.
BUDGET & FINANCE
- Oversee operating budget for IT and SC functions and ensure spending by budget holders is timely, on budget and compliant.
- Maintain close working relations with the Finance Controller, DDP, PC and Grants Coordinator to ensure coordinated operations inputs during budget development, including a capital equipment replacement plan, and ensure additional funding is sourced to address any budget shortfalls.
- Work with DDP, PCs, Supply Chain Managers and HR Coordinator to identify training and staff development needs for operations staff and develop initiatives to address them.
- Provide ongoing assistance to Supply Chain and IT staff and develop approaches to ensure continuous monitoring, coaching and support to them.
- Represent IRC Tanzania in interagency operations meetings.
- Develop a sound understanding of the IRC’s programs such that the Senior Supply Chain Coordinator can substitute for the CD, PC or DDP when needed.
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- At least 8 years experience of operational support or management of multi-sector humanitarian relief or development projects in Africa or similar context; preferably at senior level positions
- Proven personnel management, administration, supply chain, communications, security and finance experience of large operations
- NGO experience and knowledge of donor requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, long work hours, and heavy workload
- Ability to independently organize work and prioritize tasks
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility, adaptability, cultural sensitivity
How to apply:
Applications for the position must include:
i. A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
ii. Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day-time mobile phone number(s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
iii. ONLY copies of academic and professional certificates.
Applications will be considered valid if sent/received before 1700hrs Friday, October 2nd, 2015. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send your application to TZ-Recruitment@rescue.org
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. IRC is an equal opportunity employer.