TANZANIA INVESTMENT CENTRE (TIC)
JOB OPPORTUNITIESTanzania Investment Centre (TIC) is a One Stop Agency of the Government of Tanzania established under the Tanzania Investment Act, No. 26 of 1997 to promote, co-ordinate and facilitate
investments• into Tanzania. The general policies and guidelines to run the center are provided by the Board of Directors, while the authority to create and implement broad operational policies and guidelines to conduct the business of the center on day-to-day basis is vested to the Chief Executive Officer. The Tanzania Investment Centre (TIC) is looking for qualified, competent, dynamic and committed Tanzanian to fill the following vacancy:
JOB TITLE : Zonal Managers - 2 Posts (Mbeya and Moshi)
The successful candidate will provide strategic direction and leadership to the zone in order to enable the zone realize TIC's corporate objectives as set by the Board of Directors and he/she will be in charge' of all strategic and operational matters in his/her zone.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify investment opportunities that exist in the zones by coordinating trade fairs, workshops, forums, seminars etc. with the view of creating awareness to local investors and provide them with all necessary facilitation they require in order to enhance the performance of the zone as per TIC objectives.
• Coordinate and link promotion activities of the zone with the head office and promote domestic investment opportunities to local investors and SME's.
• Initiate asses and facilitate new projects applications and submit the same to head office for approval.
• Prepare project visit schedule and distribute the same to officers in the Zone and carry out physical visits to resolve problems and monitor implementation status with a view to achieving TIC objectives.
• Head the zone and be responsible for all administrative and financial matters including planning, budgeting and reporting for the zone.
• Coordinate and conduct investment mission, forums and exhibitions to investors aimed at enabling creation of Joint Ventures, franchising, local sourcing etcso as reinforce performance.
To qualify for the above position candidates should possess:
• At least a Bachelor Degree in Economics, Statistics, Marketing, Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning. A postgraduate qualification in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
• At least three years working experience at managerial level and a minimum of five years working experience in a relevant field.
• High level of management skills and advanced analytical skills combined with excellent interpersonal skills;
• Excellent communication skills along with the ability to develop and sustain effective team work;
• Should be able to establish and maintain networks, ICT literate and possess positive personal conduct
Mode of Application
Application letters enclosing current CV indicating names and addresses of three referees, as well as certified copies of relevant academic transcripts and certificates should be addressed to the undersigned.
Applicants currently working in the public sector should route their applications letters through their respective employers. The title of the position being applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and clearly marked (stated) on the envelop. The application should reach the office of the undersigned in not more than two weeks' time from the date of the first appearance of this advertisement.
Deadline for submission of application is on 22nd September, 2015
University of Dar es Salaam Business School
Block A, Third Floor, Room 409,
P.O. Box 35046
DAR ES SALAAM - TANZANIA