The International Rescue Committee (IRC) IRC Tanzania is present in the Kigoma Region, Northwestern Tanzania, providing services to refugees and host communities. Approximately 155,000 refugees, the vast majority from Burundi and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) receive protection and basic assistance in the areas of Child and Youth Protection and Development,Community Based Rehabilitation for persons with disabilities and special needs, and Gender Based Violence / Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE). In addition, IRC also does child protection work in the host communities surrounding the camps, in Tanga region and in Dar es Salaam.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) seeks to recruit qualified, energetic and committed candidate for the post of Human Resource Manager to provide.
Duties and Responsibilities:
a. Maintain internal and centralized database for recording and monitoring staff working hours, compensation time, annual/sick leave accrual/use, training, evaluations and advances.
b. Ensure time sheets are checked and payroll completed in line with the Finance Department’s procedures.
c. Supervise organization of personnel files and ensure proper filing system with relevant documents
d. Recommend administration staff levels to the Head of Office and Admin /Human Resources Coordinator
e. Assist with the process of recruitment for national staff [development of Job Description, advertising, short listing, interviewing and hiring, as required].
f. Ensure personal information and medical examination forms for new staff are completed and filed for reference.
g. Advise Coordinators/Supervisors on National Staff Personnel Policies and Global Human Resource Operating Policy and Procedures, and ensure proper implementation.
h. Liaise with the Program Coordinator in regard to expatriate staff exemptions, visa and relevant documentations.
i. Develop Job Descriptions for and supervise Human Resources department staff.
j. Prepare, coordinate and implement new staff orientation schedules for personnel policies, codes of professional conduct (IRC Way) and general employment policies.
k. Track casual laborers records and ensure correct and timely payment
l. Coordinating, championing and monitoring performance management and evaluation function, linking its results with other HR processes and plan for staff development.
m. Preparation of HR monthly and quarterly reports
n. Support managers and supervisors in keeping employees motivated and oriented towards achieving results.
o. Oversee needs assessments to determine when training is necessary and the type of training necessary to improve performance and productivity of staff.
p. Prepare travel bookings and tickets for staffs
Qualifications & Skills:
· Holder of University Degree in Public Administration/Human Resources Management with at least 2 years of work experience preferably in a large NGO or commercial organization in Human Resources Management or Administration.
· Excellent English written and oral skills, French would be an added advantage
· Proficient in personal computer skills and widely used software packages, e.g. spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word), database and Power Point
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated experience in strategic leadership
· Mature, stable personality with ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Knowledgeable of new labor laws and experience in handling disciplinary and labor case.
· Good organizational skills and ability report effectively
· Excellent communication and presentation skills- ability to interact across all levels of the organization.
· Knowledge of practical problem solving management
· Strong cross-cultural sensitivity and interaction
· Self-driven, flexible, assertive, confident, decisive and objective.
· Able to work independently under pressure and at a very minimum supervision.
· Ability to work with tight deadlines and good resistance to stress
· Good team worker, facilitator – ability to facilitate meetings;
How to apply:
Applications for the position must include:
i. A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
ii. Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day-time mobile phone number(s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
iii. ONLY copies of academic and professional certificates.
Applications will be considered valid if sent/received before 1700hrs Friday, October 2nd, 2015. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send your application to TZ-Recruitment@rescue.org
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. IRC is an equal opportunity employer.