Position: Consultant - Coastal Rural Support Programme
Company: Aga Khan Foundation
The major purpose of the study is to inform AKF strategy and programming in the agricultural livelihood sector in Lindi and Mtwara regions by understanding the effects of the CRSPT rice and sesame production and market development project on gender relations of beneficiary farmers. Further to this, through sharing of study findings with key stakeholders, the Tanzanian government and other development agencies, this learning will inform broader government and donor policy in Tanzania.
> The consultant/s will produce the following deliverables:
• Research plan and interview guides - to be approved by CRSPT prior to commencement of the field work
• Village and interviewee/ group selection criteria – at same time as research plan so that CRSPT can make recommendations
• A debriefing presentation to CRSPT management and relevant team members – prior to the end of the in-country mission
recommendations to varied stakeholders including the development community in Tanzania - to be submitted within four weeks of completion of the field work for review by CRSPT
• Final report and summary brief – to be completed within one week of written feedback received by CRSPT on the draft report
CRSPT is seeking a consultant or team of consultants with the following qualifications and experience:
• Minimum academic qualification of a Master’s Degree or equivalent, preferably in Social/Socio-Economic Sciences with a specialization in gender studies, development or other related fields
• Experience of conducting gender analysis related to rural agricultural development in Africa and preferably in Tanzania
• Fluent spoken and written English; fluent spoken Swahili an advantage
Application instructions : Register on https://www.everjobs.co.tz/, create your profile and apply to the position.