- Position title: Hotel & Catering Assistant - CGSP.3
- Grade: GS 8
- Position N°: NA
- Reference: No. ADB /15/134
- Publication date: 14/09/2015
- Closing date: 02/10/2015
Reporting to the Division Manager, CGSP.3, Hotel and Catering Assistant is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Bank’s restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of the service provider. In addition the position is responsible for drafting technical specifications and terms of reference for the acquisition of equipment and services related to these activities.
Reporting to Division Manager, CGSP.3 the incumbent’s role include but not limited to:
- Conduct regular market survey on hotel rates and propose adjustments in conformity with market prices.
- Negotiate tariffs with hotel on behalf of the Bank
- Set up and maintain database for hotels with which the Bank has entered into agreements.
- Maintain sound relationships with hotels globally.
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to Bank staff and visitors.
- Enforce sanitary practices of food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards and Bank policies.
- Ensure consistent high quality of food preparation and service
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Ensure positive customer service in all areas.
- Monitor the tasks of the service provider, set goals and plans to promote and improve service delivery
- Conduct periodic surveys among Bank staff on the delivery of catering services.
- Report to Division Manager, CGSP.3 of any short comings identified with the service provider and advice on remedial actions.
- Supervise contracts related to catering and Hygiene Control services; regularly evaluate, through unannounced site inspections.
- Collaborate with maintenance team to program maintenance and repairs of the equipment and prepare statistics regarding usage of the restaurant facilities and propose future actions.
- Draft technical specifications and terms of reference for the acquisition of restaurant and kitchen equipment and services and advice on the best sources of supply.
- Monitor technically all contracts related to the Bank restaurant management activities.
- Prepare regular reports on the Bank restaurant activities.
- Work within a team concept to develop and implement ways to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of services in the restaurant.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Degree in a relevant field (hotel and catering management, tourism, etc.)
- Professional training in hotel and catering management
- At least 5 years of relevant and progressive experience in hotel and catering industry
- Strong negotiating skills; knowledge of logistics and supply chain techniques and practices.
- Dynamic, efficient communicator, effective team-work player, result-driven, customer service oriented, analytical skills, and ability to work cross-functionally and under pressure.
- Competence in the use of standard software used in the Bank (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP desirable.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good command of the other language.
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). The AfDB President reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply: www.afdb.org/jobs